Author Topic: Corona VFB save and load settings from a XML file  (Read 14400 times)

2016-09-06, 10:42:42

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Hi there,

can we have the option to save and load all the values of the items in the the post production Tab of the VFB?
For example into an xml file.
This would be extremely helpful, so I can save an xml file for each camera in my scene.

2016-09-06, 12:04:49
Reply #1

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
vote +1 !!
then someday we'll have CoronaCamera which is able to have postpro values and rendersetup.

2016-09-06, 13:05:09
Reply #2

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
vote +1 !!
then someday we'll have CoronaCamera which is able to have postpro values and rendersetup.

well... we have camera modifier... ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-09-06, 16:09:00
Reply #3

Dippndots

• Active Users
  • Alex Fagan Co-Founder at The Faction
    • View Profile
    • The Faction
It would be nice to have a copy/paste option in the render setup to send all the settings to the camera modifier, especially now that there are so many post options.

2016-09-07, 03:32:58
Reply #4

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
vote +1 !!

"well.. in the next release we'll have rendersetup/postpro values inside the camera modifier", I guess that is the words you tried to answer :D
and I thought camera modifier was a pre-CoronaCamera :P ..

2016-09-08, 08:50:27
Reply #5

johan belmans

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Hi there,

can we have the option to save and load all the values of the items in the the post production Tab of the VFB?
For example into an xml file.
This would be extremely helpful, so I can save an xml file for each camera in my scene.

Ondra,
it be implemented with the release of 1.5?

2016-09-08, 11:06:36
Reply #6

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
not sure, but I will try to make it
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-09-14, 20:23:15
Reply #7

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH

Posting here to keep daily thread clean...

Could you and/or noel20 elaborate a bit why you need it so urgently? It is about sharing settings between scenes? I wonder because CoronaCameraMod has it all and can be copied/pasted easily.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2016-09-15, 02:08:43
Reply #8

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
vote +1 !!

having the camera modifier with all the custom per camera settings is great nicely done :)

2016-09-15, 03:53:27
Reply #9

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio

Posting here to keep daily thread clean...

Could you and/or noel20 elaborate a bit why you need it so urgently? It is about sharing settings between scenes? I wonder because CoronaCameraMod has it all and can be copied/pasted easily.

Good Luck
i need it but not urgently :) reminding that it is possible to reach with maxscript. but, Did you never use different render setup on some view / camera ?
the simplest scenario is when there is a scene with two cameras, a camera is inside the room and the second is outside (exterior) and for the additional, both need different render output size.
cheers...

2016-09-15, 08:39:55
Reply #10

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
both need different render output size.

Yes sure, but that´s a different story. The OP was about the post tab of the cVFB.

But I remember a discussion about animateable rendersettings vs. blowing up cameramod, here it is:

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,10157.0.html

Good Luck

2016-09-15, 08:44:16
Reply #11

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
both need different render output size.

Yes sure, but that´s a different story. The OP was about the post tab of the cVFB.

But I remember a discussion about animateable rendersettings vs. blowing up cameramod, here it is:

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,10157.0.html

Good Luck

yeah sorry frood you're right, The OP was about the post tab of the VFB hahaha
so, the only reason is for the need of 2 cameras which is indoor&outdoor in one scene.

2016-09-15, 08:53:21
Reply #12

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
so, the only reason is for the need of 2 cameras which is indoor&outdoor in one scene.

Slightly offtopic but: Depends on workflow. We use almost everytime just one camera. Everything else is animated/keyed. Even in animation scenes there is only one Cam (and a lot of frames :)

Good Luck

2016-09-15, 13:28:17
Reply #13

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio

Slightly offtopic but: Depends on workflow. We use almost everytime just one camera. Everything else is animated/keyed. Even in animation scenes there is only one Cam (and a lot of frames :)

Good Luck
Well thats clear enough then i should learn to simplify my workflow:)  to not depend on adjusting exposure on indoor and outdoor view

2016-09-15, 13:44:35
Reply #14

johan belmans

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Hi Frood,

for me it is useful because in our workflow we mostly have one file/scene with multiple camera"s. And each camera will have different post settings. So each time I switch camera I can load different POST settings by an XML file.

@Noel20:
have you seen this? http://boomerlabs.com/Vexus