Author Topic: Convert Iray Scene.  (Read 4252 times)

2013-08-06, 14:02:51

dlogan83

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, I have only just installed V5 and would like to convert some Iray / Mentalray scenes in Max 2013/14 to run a direct comparison.

Is there a easy way to do this?.

Thanks
David.

2013-08-06, 14:13:46
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Hi, I have only just installed V5 and would like to convert some Iray / Mentalray scenes in Max 2013/14 to run a direct comparison.

Is there a easy way to do this?.

Thanks
David.
yes
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-08-06, 15:24:28
Reply #2

dlogan83

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I should have looked a bit deeper first. Anyway I found the material converter and light converter. Materials are still rendering red!!. Any Ideas?.

I have a mixture of MR A&D materials and Autodesk Arc materials. Some convert, some dont ans everything renders red?

2013-08-06, 15:40:02
Reply #3

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Arch & Design materials are supported, any other autodesk mats stuff is not. Please see the "supported" list on the download page. If some materials are converted it should not render purely red but there is not enough information to tell more about it. It could be some unsupported map in the diffuse slots of the converted materials or something like that.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2013-08-06, 15:46:04
Reply #4

dlogan83

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks, I will have a look tonight and start getting my head into Corona. I am about to start a new project. I will be rendering using Iray but would like to convert it for Corona to run a comparison. If I stick to Photometric Lighting and A&D materials will it convert over ok?.

2013-08-06, 16:07:25
Reply #5

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I can't speak for the photometric lights (that's something the lights converter must be able to do), but if you only use MR Arch&Design mats it's fine from the material side. Just make sure you don't use any fancy maps (which I can't name atm, but you know what I mean). Most of those unsupported maps will be converted but I doubt I thought of all of them.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.