Author Topic: Toony Character Skin Test  (Read 16710 times)

2016-08-31, 23:24:16
Reply #30

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
If I watch the renderings in the Corona forum, everything is ok with my monitor.
But when I watch your rendering, they are over-saturated with too much contrast.
Maybe it's my problem. But I don't think so.

2016-08-31, 23:40:16
Reply #31

GabaCGStudio

If I watch the renderings in the Corona forum, everything is ok with my monitor.
But when I watch your rendering, they are over-saturated with too much contrast.
Maybe it's my problem. But I don't think so.

is this ok?

2016-09-01, 13:20:45
Reply #32

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com

2016-09-01, 14:36:57
Reply #33

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
That latest one is better - I was wondering if it was simply an artistic style decision. If you wanted to check the calibration on your monitor, you can purchase specific monitor calibration tools, but a search for "monitor calibration" should turn up a bunch of free sites with images to help check contrast etc (they are just a series of "test cards" but can still help if things are displaying as they should so that you know others will see things as you see them - assuming the viewer's monitor is properly calibrated that is :) ).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2016-09-01, 19:38:01
Reply #34

GabaCGStudio

i just checked my work on phone , ips tv and checked values in vectorscopes and everything was good !
seems that you have an CRT Monitor !  :]

2016-09-01, 19:42:35
Reply #35

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Ah how I remember the joys of having to move CRTs around :) And the desk space they needed too, ugh! Sounds like it is indeed an artistic-style consideration in that case :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2016-09-01, 21:28:10
Reply #36

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Would have sworn there was something seriously wrong with your screen settings, since your pics looks the same artificial way no matter what hardware I'm watching them on. And no, I didn't try a CRT monitor.

But as Tom says, it sounds like an artistic choice.

2016-09-02, 00:41:56
Reply #37

GabaCGStudio

Would have sworn there was something seriously wrong with your screen settings

Why? :/

can you explain what is the problem?

2016-09-02, 00:59:37
Reply #38

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just like other members of this forum, I find them over saturated with way to much contrast, giving what I would call an artificial looks.

Is that the intention?

2016-09-02, 14:19:42
Reply #39

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Showing pictures without any kind of additional post processing, contrast boost, or saturation would make it much easier for us to help you with the material settings. Currently we cannot be sure what, in your opinion, is wrong with the skin shader, since we don't really know how it looks straight out of Corona VFB. So if you are doing tests and sharing your thoughts about what could be improved in Corona, it would be best to post the pure images from the VFB without any kind of processing. Or if you really don't want that, you could post both of them - with and without the processing.

The main reason why I think the images you posted are wrong is that if it was an animation, it would be very uncomfortable and tiring to watch. But that's just my opinion, and I could also be wrong - maybe it would work just fine.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-09-10, 03:41:48
Reply #40

GabaCGStudio

some improvements in my freetime ...

Fin
« Last Edit: 2016-09-10, 20:41:30 by GabaCGStudio »