Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.5  (Read 114067 times)

2016-08-14, 22:43:49
Reply #285

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
yes ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-08-15, 18:15:23
Reply #286

plopalou

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yes ;)

Noo! I have been doing some hair testing with fibermesh + Zbrush, but rendertimes are quite umm... painful. You can get pretty good results with CoronaMtl already, but without any meaningful way of controlling tip / root color, fade, tip size (scaling hair brakes tip size) it's really hard to make anything realistic.

2016-08-15, 22:13:21
Reply #287

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I get a crash on rendering with the new CShading_LightSelect element - anyone else experiencing the same thing? I added it to Mantis, ID 2070, with minidump.

Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2016-08-15, 22:34:29
Reply #288

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
fixed
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-08-15, 22:42:19
Reply #289

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
making hotfix now

2016-08-15, 22:54:07
Reply #290

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
hotfix out

2016-08-16, 00:01:29
Reply #291

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
TY! Going to grab that, looking forward to trying this out!

2016-08-16, 00:20:46
Reply #292

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Confirmed working, looking forward to putting this and distance shader through their paces, interesting stuff!

2016-08-16, 00:22:55
Reply #293

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yeah. It was crashing. Tomorrow will try new build )) thanks

2016-08-16, 02:55:18
Reply #294

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
 Hmm, adding multilight is a great and useful thing, but wouldn't it be more useful if lights inside groups were evaluated by those selections too - I mean who uses light objects\sources separately\ungrouped from their respected light fixture models ? (well, maybe, someone does but it's a rather unwieldy practice for sure) So my point would be - all light sources (be it the light object itself or corona light material for the light bulb\glass and the combo of both) inside the group (light fixture model) added to a multilight\render element should be treated as such - I really hope it's possible and it wasn't omitted just because of some yet another 3ds max's limitation, still, something tells me materials aren't as easily managed by those dialogs as one could wish.
 Plus there's possibly another thing - could a multilight selection of one light or light containing group automatically evaluate all of it's instances too ? That might be quite useful for dealing with some complex scenes but is not as necessary as light inside a group evaluation, which I think, is a must because multilight without it can be quite a time chewer especially when say some complex chandelier model with non specifically named lamp objects buried inside some 5 or more group levels or some building model with lighted rooms are involved - imagine digging through all those groups just to get to the lights which are named like Corona light 100500 and so on... Yeah I agree in advance - good quality or self made models usually don't suffer from unnamed lights and from as deep group levels as I described but I'm talking some real life situation's here - 3ddd, yep, I'm pointing your direction )
 I hope I didn't miss something out and didn't make a fool of myself again, still, that wouldn't be the first time so I guess I'll deal with it, somehow )   

2016-08-16, 08:12:32
Reply #295

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
do I understand correctly that you want just changes in how the lights are selected into the element, right?

2016-08-16, 09:46:07
Reply #296

ilia.ms

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona Distance don't work with Displace modifier, please fix

2016-08-16, 11:06:23
Reply #297

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona Distance don't work with Displace modifier, please fix
fixed, but since the modifiers work in local space, the distance object needs to be around the scene origin for it to work

2016-08-16, 14:38:30
Reply #298

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
do I understand correctly that you want just changes in how the lights are selected into the element, right?

Well, simply put, yes - select\add a group and everything light related inside it (objects and materials) automatically goes into that multilight layer, without the need to open that group and manually select all those lights objects, corona light material lightbulbs and in some particularly nasty situations those self illuminated filament wires inside those bulbs - kinda similar to how material override selection works right now.

examples of such lamp models http://3ddd.ru/3dmodels/show/eichholtz_chandelier_tivoli_l http://3ddd.ru/3dmodels/show/il_pezzo_chandelier_1 http://3ddd.ru/3dmodels/show/sputnik_filament_chandelier_1 and those aren't the nastiest of the lot )

2016-08-16, 15:51:33
Reply #299

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
A question on whether this is expected with CoronaDistance, just so I understand how it works.

If I have ObjectA and ObjectB, and create a CoronaDistance on A that looks at B, then I can't add a Distance onto B that looks at A. Message is "Cannot bind: would create dependency loop" if I try to paint B with a material that uses Distance looking at A, or "Can't Make a Circular Reference" if I paint B with a material using an empty Distance then try to add A into the Distance.

I would guess there is a good reason for this, but wanted to check that it is indeed expected. It can be overcome anyway by using an non-renderable copy of an object, CoronaDistance still works if the Renderable property is unchecked, and if the object is hidden.

Thanks!
   Tom