Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.5  (Read 112687 times)

2016-07-04, 21:06:09
Reply #105

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
We had a serious bug this weekend with the 1.5 daily from 20th where a coronasun in a daylight system wouldn't render when the job was sent over backburner.  No error messages, just no sun visible in the render. Reinstalling a clean 1.4 fixed the issue, without having to do anything to the scene. Can't provide any scene or further details to help with this, sorry.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2016-07-05, 10:35:51
Reply #106

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
No error messages? Can you send the scene to mantis?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-07-05, 10:46:23
Reply #107

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
I'll ask my colleague but as far as I remember him telling me there were no error messages. I think we already over-wrote the scene with 1.4 as well, so I'm afraid we can't send it through, sorry about that. We were on a very tight deadline and had no opportunity to debug.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2016-07-07, 08:42:24
Reply #108

Avan

• Active Users
    • View Profile
1.I am using daily from 28 june and i have an experience with unwillingness to save resume render in the folder which contains cyrillic symbols. Couple bulids ago i had similar problem when i used autosave (it was not be able to be saved in such folder). It seems to me problem with cyrillic symbols may have place in other situations. But I'm not completely sure. Corona 1.3 and previous dailys had no such problems.
But i should say - corona is becoming faster and cleaner from day to day :) Thank you guys!
p.s The percent of noise is very useful thing. I loved it.

2.I've found one more issue. Yesterday i did 1pic and saved for resume today. Than i did new one, and wanted to resume first (in the morning) but if i try to resume - the second view manifested through resumed image. Sooo strange. 1view and 2view as also "double exposed" image attached.
« Last Edit: 2016-07-07, 09:16:30 by Avan »

2016-07-07, 09:44:31
Reply #109

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
1.I am using daily from 28 june and i have an experience with unwillingness to save resume render in the folder which contains cyrillic symbols. Couple bulids ago i had similar problem when i used autosave (it was not be able to be saved in such folder). It seems to me problem with cyrillic symbols may have place in other situations. But I'm not completely sure. Corona 1.3 and previous dailys had no such problems.
But i should say - corona is becoming faster and cleaner from day to day :) Thank you guys!

2.I've found one more issue. Yesterday i did 1pic and saved for resume today. Than i did new one, and wanted to resume first (in the morning) but if i try to resume - the second view manifested through resumed image. Sooo strange. 1view and 2view as also "double exposed" image attached.

Hi,
can you copy me the exact spelling of the folder?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-07-07, 10:15:07
Reply #110

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
If you did all that in the same file, then no wonder why you get weird results. Resume render asumes that no changes were made in file since dump of exr. You can't expext that Corona somehow will recognize changes that you've made and undo them in order to resum render.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-07-07, 19:30:30
Reply #111

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
Wanted to try today's build and got strange issue - first window of Max starts normally, but if I try to open one more window with Max it falls down on starting process

2016-07-07, 21:36:26
Reply #112

Avan

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Hi,
can you copy me the exact spelling of the folder?

Hello! Of course i can.

"D:\Projects\2016\ЦБУ Гомель\1.9.max

If i try to save frame buffer for resume in folder with cyrillic in path - nothing happens. If there is no russian language in path - ok, no problem. 

2016-07-07, 22:20:53
Reply #113

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
if I enable Denoising for a render element and cancel the render during the Denoising phase, Max crashes. If the Denoising is not enabled for render elements, I can cancel during Denoising without a crash (Max 2016, 1.5 from July 7th). Mantis ticket created with minidump. I was using the reflection render element in this test.

Also, a thought, any chance of adding denoising to the CTexmap, for those who may want to run it on an AO pass?

Thanks!
   Tom
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2016-07-07, 22:46:31
Reply #114

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
As a note to the above, I can cancel the Denoising if it is very early in the phase, but once it gets close to about halfway it crashes.

Also, scatter's temporal adjustment seems to be working as expected, tried it on a cloth cube just as a quick test and the objects no longer popped in and out of their locations.

2016-07-08, 14:20:22
Reply #115

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Tom,
I dont see the ticket in mantis, can you link it?

2016-07-08, 14:30:38
Reply #116

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
My bad, had put it in tickets rather than in Mantis, have added it to Mantis now! Glad I don't have many bug reports to submit, but need to get them in the right place when I do :) The ID is 2001.

2016-07-08, 14:35:38
Reply #117

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Wow! Already resolved in four minutes. The quickest fix ever :)

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2016-07-08, 15:44:42
Reply #118

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Ticket submited - 15:28, bug fixed - 15:32 Someone has to show this to Autodesk :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-07-08, 16:56:13
Reply #119

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
pavel is da man ;)