Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.5  (Read 113608 times)

2016-06-27, 11:21:20
Reply #60

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
1.5 2016_06_20 daily bug, possibly...

Sent a job off to Backburner using this daily build, set to render 500 passes (or 10 hrs). It gets to 195 passes then the next pass is listed as Pass 19, which then times out and the job restarts.

I am 100% positive that Timeouts in BB are disabled in the Advance dialog when submitting a network job. I've had no time-out issues at all prior to this.

It's also worth mentioning that this was 1 of 10 jobs submitted over the weekend, and this was the only daily build 1.5 job. All others were on a daily 1.4 or stable 1.4 and they all finished fine. This one went round and round restarting again and again getting to 195 passes then timing out.

Is this a 1.5 daily bug maybe?

Cheers,
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2016-06-27, 12:22:26
Reply #61

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
I am 100% positive that Timeouts in BB are disabled in the Advance dialog when submitting a network job.

This looks like the standard issue with BB and timeout(s). If you don´t set a manual timeout (means uncheck "Enable" in "Per job Timeouts" in "Advanced Settings" while submitting), you get your default timeout value of 600 min./10h.

Let me guess: Time since submission was exact 600 minutes as the job was restarted? And the (finishing) 1.4 jobs rendered not more than 10h?

Also see:

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,11450.0.html
(similar topic in the second half)

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2016-06-27, 12:27:21
Reply #62

alexyork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
This is infuriating... you are correct, it has timed out at 10 hrs. It seems the issue is as you wrote on that thread - you can't disable time-outs, you must enable them and set to something massive. How bloody stupid.

Live and learn!!

Cheers,
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2016-06-27, 13:26:31
Reply #63

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
There needs to be guide with "All the things you need to do in order to successfully use BB". I really can't be bothered to use the more complicated alternatives (Refamo, Deadline, Shotgun,...)
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-06-27, 14:58:33
Reply #64

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
There needs to be guide with "All the things you need to do in order to successfully use BB". I really can't be bothered to use the more complicated alternatives (Refamo, Deadline, Shotgun,...)
Guide by whom? Autodesk?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-06-27, 15:08:09
Reply #65

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
That would be rather ironic if they posted guide instead of just fixing it ;- ). How the hell is one supposed to come across the timeout issue to begin with ?

Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2016-06-27, 15:36:34
Reply #66

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
How the hell is one supposed to come across the timeout issue to begin with ?
That's why I asked who should write the guide. ;)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-06-27, 16:06:44
Reply #67

alexyork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
Some kind of official Corona "Idiot Sheet" would be handy.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2016-06-27, 20:09:42
Reply #68

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
GGX glossiness mapping is now same as in other renderers. Reflection now allows to create much more diffuse materials. Old scenes are automatically remapped (except for textured glossiness).

I am on this :- D !

2016-06-27, 20:17:42
Reply #69

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
GGX glossiness mapping is now same as in other renderers. Reflection now allows to create much more diffuse materials. Old scenes are automatically remapped (except for textured glossiness).

Smells like a corona converter update is going to happen :)  I'll also add a "remove glossiness conversion map" button for already converted scenes (those button names get longer and longer for some reason...)
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2016-06-27, 21:19:27
Reply #70

dubcat

• Active Users
  • ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ meow
    • View Profile
Can't see any changes when it comes to "diffuse" look :(

___
    _] [__|OO|
   (____|___|     https://www.twitch.tv/dubca7 / https://soundcloud.com/dubca7 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) choo choo

2016-06-27, 23:29:38
Reply #71

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
what is the "other"? We do albedo normalization so decreasing glossiness does not make the material darker. I tried vray and it seems to be doing the same thing
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-06-28, 00:35:07
Reply #72

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I don't think he refers to albedo, but the overall specularity.

What are those mats ? And what is the other :- )

2016-06-28, 00:43:54
Reply #73

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media

Smells like a corona converter update is going to happen :)  I'll also add a "remove glossiness conversion map" button for already converted scenes (those button names get longer and longer for some reason...)

this sounds very interesting.  It's currently surprisingly hard to make dark materials so hopefully this makes it easier.

2016-06-28, 03:32:43
Reply #74

dubcat

• Active Users
  • ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ meow
    • View Profile
"Other" was VRay 3.40.02, here are some more comparisons.

« Last Edit: 2016-06-28, 04:03:41 by dubcat »
             ___
    _] [__|OO|
   (____|___|     https://www.twitch.tv/dubca7 / https://soundcloud.com/dubca7 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) choo choo