Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.5  (Read 113532 times)

2016-06-14, 01:47:44
Reply #45

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
that bug was haunting me since forever!! :)

2016-06-14, 19:45:52
Reply #46

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi guys, just found what is wrong with some black and white tiff maps, they are on indexed color mode, some random versions of corona support them and other doesnt on corona bitmap, 3dsmax standard bitmap doesnt have a problem with it.

2016-06-14, 19:56:53
Reply #47

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
ok, can you create a new thread in bug reporting section with one such map?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-06-14, 20:49:42
Reply #48

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yes, doing it right now.

2016-06-15, 23:19:57
Reply #49

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Just a word of caution: do not use save defaults function in production scenes. Currently there's a bug with save defaults which will modify few unexposed UHD parameters and the only way to restore them is via string options or to delete config file and reset render settings.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-06-17, 01:01:46
Reply #50

Javadevil

• Active Users
    • View Profile

When using Corona Sun with 3dsmax's daylight system, how do you get the viewport shadows to behave ?
In 2016 I would change it to mr sun add photographic exposure, move the sun until the shadows are where I like, switch back to corona sun.
Obviously, I can using IR but most times it's still faster to use the Viewport sun shadows.

cheers
hi javadevil, my scene with max 2016 and latest dailybuild both mrsun and coronasun in max's daylight system, theye are able to simulate the shadow in viewport.
but strangely, my another scene I got no any shadows.. and the option illuminate with default/scene light is disabled, i don't know how to enable that.

I can get it to work but its with crappy jaggy shadows, it doesn't seem to use the same shadows as the mr Sun does.

2016-06-17, 13:18:00
Reply #51

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
Same here.

2016-06-17, 14:10:45
Reply #52

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
It's usually down to the orbital distance. If you're working in mm or cm you're kind of screwed. In M it's not so bad. You can just keep your sun around 100m away from origin and it should be ok for setup and testing, then move it further away if needed for the actual rendering.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2016-06-17, 14:20:10
Reply #53

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
It's that way with all 3rd party renderers AFAIK. Whatever mr Sun uses for shadows is probably not exposed for use by 3rd pary developers :/

2016-06-17, 23:57:35
Reply #54

Javadevil

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Most scenes are setup to cm, so its a system unit problem.
I'll bring it up on the 3dsmax beta, see what they have to say.

2016-06-20, 15:48:49
Reply #55

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Spacefrog just made a post on The Area where he reveals this solution:

"there is one hidden setting regarding shadow quality in Nitrous viewports which is nowhere exposed in the UI.
It's the Nitrous shadowmap size limit which defaults to 512

To crank that value up, you can type the following in the maxscript listener ( 4096 being used as example here )

Nitrousgraphicsmanager.shadowmapsizelimit=4096"

and..

"Unfortunately this setting does'nt get stored in any config file, nor with the scene itself. Thus it resets itself with each 3ds Max restart. Though you could place the command inside  a script and copy that script to your 3ds Max scripts\startup folder  ...
 Or - for your convenience -  you could use my PowerPreview script, which provides a comprehensive UI to tweak your viewport setup for optimal quality ( or anyway you want it ). Just download from scriptspot"

Link to original post:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-max-3ds-max-design-general/low-res-shadows-in-scene/td-p/6387857

2016-06-21, 17:32:22
Reply #56

alexyork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
Enjoying playing with the new filmic tools, saturation and vignetting etc. They seem a little fiddly, somehow. The values are very very finely controlled. Not a bad thing I guess, just needs getting used to.

The vignetting seems to work somehow in reverse of what you'd expect. The intensity seems to determine the "size" of the vignetting effect into the image and the Falloff controls its strength. Obviously it's done this way to mimic a real camera, which is understandable, but I think the wording could be simplified by renaming to "Scale" and "Intensity" for simplicity's sake, or something similar. I have also come across some weirdness with the vignetting disappearing completely when certain values are used. Not sure how consistent this is but I'll try to bug test at some point. It's something that happens going up in .1 increments and it suddenly appears from 0.5 onward or something...

Is there a general ETA on glare/bloom etc.?

Cheers,
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2016-06-21, 17:36:02
Reply #57

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile

Martin is at a conference this week, he will resume work the next week
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-06-21, 17:45:27
Reply #58

alexyork

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES

Martin is at a conference this week, he will resume work the next week

Good stuff ;)
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2016-06-24, 11:04:31
Reply #59

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
Id like to give a feedback on new scatter Icon, its great helps a lot and fixed some of my issues with it.

New VFB is gething better, overal I like it.

keep up the good work!
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott