Author Topic: Drylands; contemporary mountain retreat  (Read 4784 times)

2019-08-08, 10:26:39

David Males

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • David Males Imagery
Hello everyone once again,

this time I have some exterior imagery ready to share with you. This is one of the most pleasant set I've placed my hands on so far. Hope you'll enjoy watching it as much as I did enjoy creating these :)

The architecture was designed to fit predetermined local dry-land environment and to support upcoming brick texture release by Poliigon. I think that various shapes of the building help the brick show it's true visual value.

As working on exterior scenes is often very complex, there are always things that could be improved. But I think it is slowly getting there :)

Feel free to share your thoughts!

Software as usual: Sketchup + 3dsmax + Corona + PS

Full project here:

https://www.behance.net/gallery/83560831/Drylands-contemporary-mountain-retreat-(CGI)

Thanks for watching,

David.

2019-08-08, 11:10:41
Reply #1

hrisek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Free 3D Trees, Plants, 2 People
Hey man, really outstanding details and lighting. I love these little bit desaturated skies and whole detailed environment (especially little plants around house). Bricks material is really good too :) Congratulations!

2019-08-08, 12:15:44
Reply #2

mutilo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
very very fantastic.
I've one question for you. For the light you used hdri o sky+corona sun?

Thk

2019-08-08, 12:45:18
Reply #3

Niko3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok ... sell me the whole scene...:)

2019-08-09, 01:44:39
Reply #4

yagi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
unflipping-believable work. congrats! i wish there was a "making of". is it all hdri? if so, which hdri?

2019-08-09, 09:27:33
Reply #5

David Males

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • David Males Imagery
Hey guys, thank you for your kind words, really glad you enjoy the project :) As for the lighting, it's purely HDRI in this case, even though I usually add CoronaSun too to have a bit more control. But as I mentioned in this case it was not necessary. These exact ones are from hdrihaven - I've picked them for their great quality and a lot of environments to choose from, this one went perfectly with what I've imagined for this building to be located at. Also they often come with various sun setups in the same scenario, which is great :)

2019-08-09, 13:47:09
Reply #6

mike288

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Hi, very nice :-) did you use Corona Scatter for scattering grass etc.?
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2019-08-09, 17:10:25
Reply #7

David Males

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • David Males Imagery

Hi, yes it's only Corona Scatter combined with distance maps :) I tend to use as little 3rd party plugins as possible ..

2019-08-13, 07:48:07
Reply #8

mike288

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile

Hi, yes it's only Corona Scatter combined with distance maps :) I tend to use as little 3rd party plugins as possible ..
That's cool. Thank you :-)
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2019-08-14, 20:35:39
Reply #9

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page
This is some of the best brick texture work I've seen in a while. Was it 3D or just displacement? Also the little details like the variations in the coping are fantastic.