Significantly faster DOF (Depth of Field) rendering
25 (5.4%)
Sketch/Toon/Stylized shader
29 (6.2%)
Dedicated CarPaint Shader
7 (1.5%)
Dedicated fabrics shader
27 (5.8%)
Lightmix extended to materials, textures, ...
27 (5.8%)
Interactive rendering in 3ds max viewport (with gizmos, object selection, manipulation, ...)
16 (3.4%)
Rendering memory usage improvements
16 (3.4%)
Speed of rendering improvements
42 (9%)
Speed of interactive rendering improvements specifically
31 (6.7%)
GPU/Hybrid rendering
88 (18.9%)
Stability improvements (bug fixes)
12 (2.6%)
Improvements to caustics
23 (4.9%)
Thin film/coating shader
5 (1.1%)
Parsing performance optimization (e.g. for animations)
40 (8.6%)
New and better frame buffer (docked and floating)
23 (4.9%)
Further improvements to Chaos Scatter
15 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 178

Author Topic: The most wanted feature?  (Read 524832 times)

2022-05-26, 15:41:59
Reply #1005

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Reset votes since new version was released and new ideas were added.
You can check the tentative road map for the next version here: https://trello.com/b/EfPE4kPx/corona-tentative-road-map-3ds-max

Just want to say that V8 feels like one of the best version updates the team has put out. Curvature map and decals alone have saved me hours every single week since I updated. Thanks!

Is it safe to switch in  the middle of long, loooonng projects? When I switched a couple of weeks ago, and then back to 7, there were issues with LUTs or something like that.

2022-05-26, 17:07:28
Reply #1006

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
It's pretty much never safe to switch if there is even the smidgeon of a possibility you will at any point want to go back to an older version of Corona. Of course you can install and run old and new versions alongside each other, so new projects can be in new Corona, and ongoing projects can remain in previous version Corona. This means one long ongoing project doesn't have to stop you taking advantage of new Corona coolness in your other projects :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-05-26, 17:11:10
Reply #1007

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's pretty much never safe to switch if there is even the smidgeon of a possibility you will at any point want to go back to an older version of Corona. Of course you can install and run old and new versions alongside each other, so new projects can be in new Corona, and ongoing projects can remain in previous version Corona. This means one long ongoing project doesn't have to stop you taking advantage of new Corona coolness in your other projects :)

Right you are. Thank you.

2022-05-27, 09:03:25
Reply #1008

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
We are currently preparing hotfix for v8, I counted 18 fixes there. The most serious one being problems with loading LUTs (incorrect format reported)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2022-05-27, 17:13:30
Reply #1009

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Is it safe to switch in  the middle of long, loooonng projects? When I switched a couple of weeks ago, and then back to 7, there were issues with LUTs or something like that.

I havent had any issues yet but i dont use LUTs in the frame buffer often. I just have a big use case for decals where i was having to make alot of composite materials and layered materials to apply texture elements very frequently and the curvature map for applying wear/dirt.

2022-05-28, 07:04:15
Reply #1010

yagi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Did you mean Chaos Cosmos? I don't think that your requested things has anything to do with Chaos Scatter.
[/quote]

So Sorry, YES, I meant Chaos Cosmos. was in such a rush and distracted when i was writing.

2022-05-30, 08:43:24
Reply #1011

triget

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry, we just hate money :-X :D

Are you kidding? You raise the price (and you don't sell nodes in new price), but give nothing of value in return. I think 25 € is fair when Corona don't have GPU. I'll be using on, but I'm looking more and more at Cycles.
That being said, we need to increase the price of the monthly license to 40 € ($45), up from 25 € ($28.50).
https://blog.corona-renderer.com/corona-in-2022-new-features-visuals-licensing-and-more/
« Last Edit: 2022-05-30, 08:49:20 by triget »

2022-05-30, 11:06:17
Reply #1012

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Are you kidding?
Yes, I was kidding. I assume you are also kidding when you call Cosmos, Scatter, and all the other features we added in v8 "nothing".
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2022-05-30, 12:40:51
Reply #1013

triget

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, I was kidding. I assume you are also kidding when you call Cosmos, Scatter, and all the other features we added in v8 "nothing".

In my opinion these are patches which could have been added as 7.1. Sorry but these are not changes to be called a new version with double price. I'm more interested in having more GPU based speedups and a full-fledged Corona add-on for Blender (not an exporter) than access to Cosmos that is just a Chaos service and Scatter that is just another way that I can obtain with already buyed ForestPack.

I would stay with lower priced Corona without Cosmos and Scatter. These features are just excuse.
« Last Edit: 2022-05-30, 13:11:59 by triget »

2022-05-30, 13:34:00
Reply #1014

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
In my opinion these are patches which could have been added as 7.1. Sorry but these are not changes to be called a new version with double price. I'm more interested in having more GPU based speedups and a full-fledged Corona add-on for Blender (not an exporter) than access to Cosmos that is just a Chaos service and Scatter that is just another way that I can obtain with already buyed ForestPack.

I would stay with lower priced Corona without Cosmos and Scatter. These features are just excuse.

We are side tracking here, but please keep in mind that if you keep renewing your Corona subscription, you can keep the old pricing and licensing and have access to Cosmos, Scatter, and other new features of Corona 8. As an existing customer, you do not have to move to the new pricing and licensing options.

Please see our blog for more information (and note that it was released in 2021, and also shared on Facebook and the forum):
https://blog.corona-renderer.com/corona-in-2022-new-features-visuals-licensing-and-more/

Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-05-30, 14:21:22
Reply #1015

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D

We are side tracking here, but please keep in mind that if you keep renewing your Corona subscription, you can keep the old pricing and licensing and have access to Cosmos, Scatter, and other new features of Corona 8. As an existing customer, you do not have to move to the new pricing and licensing options.

Please see our blog for more information (and note that it was released in 2021, and also shared on Facebook and the forum):

Hi Maru, so I don't keep sidetracking this discussion I have asked a relevant query in another thread ("Corona in 2022: new features, visuals, licensing, and more!"), if you don't mind having a look for me?

Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2022-06-06, 09:32:13
Reply #1016

Kalopsia

• Active Users
  • Kalopsia Visual Studio
    • View Profile
    • Kalopsia Visual Studio
I see the poll has been reset. Could we get a post That explains some of these? I don't have a clue what the Tiles Map is supposed to do. What would be the improvements to the CIE, would that not also mean that we improve the frame buffer. And what is meant whit new and better frame buffer (docked and floating)??¿

And I have a small request regarding the frame buffer. This is something that has been bothering me for some years now. Why can't we compare two different images that have a different size. This is most annoying when you do an IR and than you restart the IR and it has a different resolution. Now you can't compare them. This has been a feature in Vray for years. It's not a deal breaker, just a bit annoying at times.
Rendering since 2014

2022-06-21, 16:05:54
Reply #1017

mike288

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Pls, there's no thread to the topic ""Further improvements to Chaos Scatter"" yet?

Its an amazing addition that can only get better. Here are my early suggestions:
I hope they have plans to add an ANIMATED feature for Vegetation, Humans and Cars.
I hope they throw in some time lapse HDRI s too
...and I'm personally requesting for more colored human posed models in your collection, in both formal and traditional attires. you would be surprise how many African nations are into corona. ;)

There's a lot Chaos Scatter can offer with time but I wish they could implement the above requests as updates way before corona 9.

Thanks to the corona team.

Good idea! Here it is: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=37064.0
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2022-07-21, 14:27:02
Reply #1018

marchik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Recently I made different types of dichroic glass and played a little with the thinfilm layer in V-ray 6
and now I vote with two hands for adding a separate thin-film/coating shader that would take into account more parameters and nuances.

In general, a convenient system of layered materials with additive properties was would be very helpful.

2022-07-21, 19:01:51
Reply #1019

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If possible could we see a 'Improved volumetrics' option?
Specifically render speed and previewing in IR as well as being able to render volumetrics from within a volume.