Author Topic: Very long time for parsing the scene  (Read 8305 times)

2014-10-26, 18:46:10

boumay

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have a pretty heavy scene (12 mil. polygons) with dozens of animated cars, as well as a thousand of animated characters, a axyz anima software imported *ani file.
After nearly 20 minutes, it is still parsing the scene.
If I remove the crowd, it parses quickly.
I can't upload the scene because it is 2gb .
Any ideas?
Thank you.

2014-10-26, 18:54:38
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Check RAM - if you run out of memory, you will get huge parsing times.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-10-26, 18:59:01
Reply #2

boumay

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No I have enough ram left (maybe 32gb used out of 48)

2014-10-27, 23:15:05
Reply #3

boumay

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok, so I tried several things.
It seems corona has problems with animated objects.

First of all, I took a snapshot of 200 actors, so no animation, only static editable meshes, scene parsing is fast. With them animated, it is very long.

Then I exported the 200 actors meshes from anima, each one of them having a pc2 file: scene parsing took 13min30 with only 200 actors animated.

It seems there is no difference regarding the animation method, anima imported *.ani actors, or editable point cached meshes:
200 static actors = fast
200 animated actors = long

And with my 1150 actors I must render, scene parsing is taking more than 30 min, in fact I didn't had the patience to wait, I cancelled the render each time, so it could take 45min, 1 hour, I don't know, but it is unusable. And I imagine it does scene parsing every frame, so, it is very problematic.

I have to say that it is impossible to use corona in such a scenario for me, there could be other fixes to try, but I'm out of ideas now.

Any suggestions?

2014-10-28, 00:27:42
Reply #4

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz

2014-10-28, 09:34:19
Reply #5

CiroC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
I have a similar problem, but in this case it is because of the amount of geometry in the scene (using proxies). Sometimes it can take up to 6 minutes or more to parse the scene.

One thing that helps me (+-) is stopping the render and for some reason when I restart the render it only takes 40 seconds or less to parse the scene.

2014-10-28, 11:00:14
Reply #6

boumay

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I can't give the scene, it is more than 2gb big.
And, I would really like to have 6 min parsing time, in my case it is more than 30 min with all actors, and 13min30 with only 200.
Problematic :(

2014-10-28, 11:13:46
Reply #7

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Hi,
I am not sure this will solve your problem, but recently had some problems too.
In my case I forgot to convert (BATCH CONVERT) my old corona proxies to the new format.

cheers

2014-10-28, 14:33:46
Reply #8

boumay

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The problem with my scene is that I can't convert to corona proxies, because they are individual 3dsmax objects with specific animation for each one of them.
I guess the fact that corona has problem with lots of animated objects is somewhat true, and I will have to split the scene.

2014-10-28, 16:49:44
Reply #9

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
2 gb is not that much, you can zplit the file using winrar,7zip or something else and upload it to mediafire,mega etc....

2014-10-28, 18:41:13
Reply #10

boumay

• Active Users
    • View Profile
translation time with mental ray = 1min36
I'll see if keymaster is ok for looking at the scene and, if yes, try to upload it one way or another.

2014-10-28, 23:16:23
Reply #11

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
sure, upload it
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-10-29, 17:06:24
Reply #12

boumay

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I just remembered that the pc files are 25.8gb for the 200 actors scene and 113gb for all of them! So that's too heavy to upload. Or if you have the anima crowd software, I can send the max scene with the ani file (only 2,8mb).
Anyway, I also noticed that my scene seems to have been cleaned by switching to mr, applying materials, etc, I don't know. And when I reverted back to corona, parsing was fast (for 200 actors at least).
Then, strange things began. I tried to clone these 200 actors in this "clean/fast" scene, but parsing was long again.
But stranger than that is, when I undone the cloning, and render the 200, scene parsing returned long (???!).
What's happening? Do things get dirt in corona with scene manipulation/time?
I hope you understood (sorry for my English)

btw, a test on the base scene for 1150 actors (imported ani file): after 50min parsing was still running.
« Last Edit: 2014-10-29, 17:23:47 by boumay »

2014-10-29, 17:51:53
Reply #13

padre.ayuso

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have a similar problem, but in this case it is because of the amount of geometry in the scene (using proxies). Sometimes it can take up to 6 minutes or more to parse the scene.

One thing that helps me (+-) is stopping the render and for some reason when I restart the render it only takes 40 seconds or less to parse the scene.

Funny you mention it, I have the same with A7.1. I stop the scene and it frees up my memory, which for me it is good. I'm doing a whole block of buildings and 9XRefs, over 900 lights (night shot) and my memory gets all used up. I run Corona, and after I stop it, my memory usage is dropped down to 60%. I'm happy about that.