Author Topic: Volumetric/SSS rendering playground  (Read 135609 times)

2014-07-30, 09:36:03
Reply #75

vkiuru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I haven't had my morning coffee yet and am still a bit fuzzy, maybe this has been answered before but can this be used to simulate long distance aerial fog with a box or a gizmo? What would be great.

2014-07-30, 10:49:45
Reply #76

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
yes
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-07-30, 17:31:42
Reply #77

Dimer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi!!
My test SSS.

2014-07-30, 17:47:37
Reply #78

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just a bunch of random renders using the new volumetric rendering ;)

Regarding this first post and the cluod pictures, can this material be applied to a particle simulation so we can achieve a similar look to what the old afterburn plugin was able to achieve?

Cheers.

2014-07-30, 21:35:00
Reply #79

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I haven't had my morning coffee yet and am still a bit fuzzy, maybe this has been answered before but can this be used to simulate long distance aerial fog with a box or a gizmo? What would be great.

Quote from: Keymaster
yes

But it doesn't work if camera is inside this box/gizmo, right?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2014-07-30, 21:54:24
Reply #80

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
it will when you set that material also as the global volume material ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-07-30, 22:02:54
Reply #81

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
ooooooooohhhh shiiiiit
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2014-07-30, 22:08:48
Reply #82

fadlabi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Congrats Corona Team for Volumetric/SSS shader
Waiting for the next build to try.

2014-07-31, 09:32:02
Reply #83

vkiuru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yes

Personally this is a very, very wanted feature and I need to try it out as soon as I get done with my current job/project.

2014-07-31, 11:17:06
Reply #84

jjaz82

• Active Users
    • View Profile
little test.. for understand how interact all parameters i need more test but.... i love it :D

2014-07-31, 11:23:40
Reply #85

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I don't know why but this actually looks tasty :D Maybe it's a bit too much jelly-bean-ish
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2014-07-31, 11:48:42
Reply #86

jjaz82

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I don't know why but this actually looks tasty :D Maybe it's a bit too much jelly-bean-ish
hahaha maybe because when I was doing this test I was hungry :D
you are right.. its a speedy test for start understand how sss works.
I must understand all interaction between translucency refraction and the new parameters of sss... :)

2014-07-31, 12:18:18
Reply #87

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Don't get me wrong, I really like the shader ;) Maybe not what you had in mind but I'd keep it :D
Yes, it also took me quite some time to get a feeling for it.. the mix of translucency, refraction, absorption and SSS gives unexpected results at first, but it helps if you try to follow the ray shot at the object in your head and imagine how it is modified by the different parameters.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2014-07-31, 15:00:16
Reply #88

kumodot

• Active Users
  • Corona ADDICTED and Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot

Now, that we have more and more artists getting their hands on SSS Build, don´t you guys feels that FrontScattering and "spec/Reflection" Absorption still looks strange ? I know that´s a Work in Progress code/implementation, but i had this feeling and can´t see no one complaining about it. So i am starting to wonder if it´s something real or just my imagination...

Testing side by side with Vray SSS2, i can feel the incredible BackScattering effect MUCH more than the fron Scattering. I had to make Blend Materials or tricks to get the specular/reflections to look smoother and better, but in Vray it still looks a bit better on this specific point, the specs has some feeling of absorbtion embed, like the front light gettin into the surface and spreading (I guess this is called front scattering, right) ? Maybe it´s a case of "G" Adjustment. Vray have the default Phase (Aka G, on Corona), not set as ZERO like on Corona. But i don´t know if its a direct relation of those numbers...

Your Portuguese is worse than my english.
--------------------------------------------
3DGeneralist/Vfx Supervisor

2014-07-31, 15:43:39
Reply #89

jjaz82

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Don't get me wrong, I really like the shader ;) Maybe not what you had in mind but I'd keep it :D
Yes, it also took me quite some time to get a feeling for it.. the mix of translucency, refraction, absorption and SSS gives unexpected results at first, but it helps if you try to follow the ray shot at the object in your head and imagine how it is modified by the different parameters.

thanks for your suggestions, I really appreciate, I'll try to think like you said.