Author Topic: 3dcenter.ru Corona thread  (Read 53101 times)

2013-04-15, 22:24:40
Reply #30

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
yes, they work. But they are still not fast (and never will be) for the typical scenes you guys do
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-04-17, 17:29:05
Reply #31

Polymax

• Active Users
  • CG Generalist
    • View Profile
    • maxkagirov.com
War on 3dcenter.ru - Corona VS Vray, Maxwell, Octane )))
Corona - the best rendering solution!

2013-04-17, 17:36:08
Reply #32

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
It is so bizzare... Why do you even compare render outputs? You will never be able to match the glossy materials correctly, and even so the differences are too small. If some renderer has a decent gallery of high-quality pictures, then one can assume, that it is able to produce high-quality results, and then it is just a matter of ease and speed with which you can create such renders. And this is mostly subjective...
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-04-17, 17:49:50
Reply #33

Polymax

• Active Users
  • CG Generalist
    • View Profile
    • maxkagirov.com
It is so bizzare... Why do you even compare render outputs? You will never be able to match the glossy materials correctly, and even so the differences are too small. If some renderer has a decent gallery of high-quality pictures, then one can assume, that it is able to produce high-quality results, and then it is just a matter of ease and speed with which you can create such renders. And this is mostly subjective...
Because it's fun: D and I, Ecximer and another some people defend The Corona...it's just a GAME

2013-04-17, 17:58:41
Reply #34

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Because it's fun: D and I, Ecximer and another some people defend The Corona...it's just a GAME

Why defend something if you have a bunch of those... :)

Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2013-04-17, 18:02:31
Reply #35

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
yeah, I guess it is fun to mess with fanboys :D

2013-04-17, 18:08:53
Reply #36

Polymax

• Active Users
  • CG Generalist
    • View Profile
    • maxkagirov.com
There are always limitations and difficulties in the performance of many imitation in all renderers. And like the "war" help to better understand the workings of a product, at least to me :).
Well, it's when I have time of course :)

2013-04-17, 20:05:09
Reply #37

Polymax

• Active Users
  • CG Generalist
    • View Profile
    • maxkagirov.com
aaaand the results of the war :D
Time/Quality - perfect!
PT+PT, no post

2013-04-18, 11:05:00
Reply #38

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I have invented a new game - drink a shot every time google translate uses "Comrade" in the thread :D

2013-04-18, 11:22:59
Reply #39

ecximer

• Active Users
  • Scriptobot
    • View Profile
I poorly understood about what you, but shall be cheerful. :)
sorry for my english

2013-06-05, 16:51:33
Reply #40

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Why doesn't "iDDQD" just send me some of his pictures from Corona and asks for the daily build activation?

2013-06-05, 18:04:32
Reply #41

Polymax

• Active Users
  • CG Generalist
    • View Profile
    • maxkagirov.com
I tell him about it, thank you!

2013-06-05, 20:27:42
Reply #42

Stan_But

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/archdizs
Ondra, what are you think about that to make test scene with all existing features for hunting for bugs? This scene may be shared with daily builds and would contained all newly added features too.

something like scene in this theme  http://3dcenter.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=108803

I think that you can be to make it - as the most expert in  corona. Or someone from us could be make scene and you could be updated it

2013-06-05, 20:41:15
Reply #43

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
in general it is a good idea, but a single scene cannot cover all possibilities - different GI algorithms, settings, lights, ... But is somebody would make it, it would be great. I can edit it, but I am too busy to make it myself

2013-06-05, 20:45:57
Reply #44

Stan_But

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/archdizs
I know, but it would help to cut off many bugs in the first few minutes of testing

and many questions like 'how i can do...' could be to closed.

I'm still learning corona, but ok - i'll try to make scene