Author Topic: New render settings layout concept  (Read 25355 times)

2013-01-27, 11:11:24
Reply #15

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
so no max displacement subdivisions?

Displacement is being rewritten. In my concept, the setting was added only to hold the space, it was not implemented yet. But i believe the setting will be there soon.

2013-01-27, 12:49:43
Reply #16

andreupuig

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • APtecture
Better and less confusing.
Good work! Indeed! ;)
I can see an export scene button, will be corona stand alone for future integration in other software? (I'm sorry if it was already said)

2013-01-27, 23:01:06
Reply #17

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Tried putting "secondary solver" rollout directly UNDER "primary solver" rollout? Just a thought.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2013-01-28, 16:49:44
Reply #18

NicolasC

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
  • CG supervisor / teacher / artist
    • View Profile
Great ! can't wait to test that :)
Nicolas Caplat
CG supervisor / teacher / artist

2013-01-28, 18:46:56
Reply #19

loocas

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I like the new layout better.

But, don't forget about the TAB Index. Many developers actually don't care about this, but when you deal with tons of settings and you just want to slightly adjust many of them on the keyboard, hitting the TAB key to jump from one to another is much faster and more convenient than selecting everything with a mouse.

The TAB Order should be layed out as follows:

within a group of controls: from LEFT to RIGHT from TOP to BOTTOM, making sure that you're going in this order only among controls for a single group, in other words, among controls that logically and functionally belong together.

2013-01-28, 19:16:01
Reply #20

Paul Jones

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Now where have I heard that before Loocas ;-)

2013-01-28, 19:35:09
Reply #21

NicolasC

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
  • CG supervisor / teacher / artist
    • View Profile
I like the new layout better.

But, don't forget about the TAB Index. Many developers actually don't care about this, but when you deal with tons of settings and you just want to slightly adjust many of them on the keyboard, hitting the TAB key to jump from one to another is much faster and more convenient than selecting everything with a mouse.

The TAB Order should be layed out as follows:

within a group of controls: from LEFT to RIGHT from TOP to BOTTOM, making sure that you're going in this order only among controls for a single group, in other words, among controls that logically and functionally belong together.

+1
Nicolas Caplat
CG supervisor / teacher / artist

2013-01-31, 01:58:47
Reply #22

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
ok, I've fixed the tab order
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-01-31, 23:30:04
Reply #23

Paul Jones

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Now if only everyone would do that! Out of interest is the tab order an easy fix - how many hours?

2013-01-31, 23:50:26
Reply #24

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
depends on tools/framework used, in MSVS+naked winapi (the worst GUI framework, and the one used by 3dsmax ;)), it is about 30 minutes searching of how to do it and then 1 minute of doing it ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-02-02, 03:17:41
Reply #25

Javadevil

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Key can you add a switch for the override material ?  It's easier than having to put the override material back in the slot.

2013-02-02, 03:57:34
Reply #26

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
can do, tomorrow

2013-02-03, 19:52:22
Reply #27

loocas

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Now where have I heard that before Loocas ;-)

Hehe, yeah :) but you have to admit it's rather important from a workflow point of view. Hitting the TAB is just millions of times faster than navigating with a mouse. If you can expect logical behavior of the UI components, of course. :)

Thanks, Key, by the way!