Author Topic: Glare and Bloom  (Read 2574 times)

2014-04-19, 14:30:51

ikercito

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

I'm very happy with the rendering capabilities of Corona Render, it's probably the best render engine i've tried in the last 8 years. I've ditched Vray completely, and now use Corona for my professional work all the time. Unfortunately I miss a few features I've seen in other engines (Fryrender and Vray) that I'm sure will be implemented in the future. One of them is the simulation of glare and bloom, or lens effects in general (diffraction, vignetting, CA...)

How do you people work around this? Obviously there's the Photoshop route, but that's a path I wish I could avoid. Some people in the forum state that they were able to simulate these using the VrayLensEffects, but i wasn't able to reproduce it,... do I have to clone my VFB to the max buffer and then render the effect? For some reason i couldn't get it to work. Can anyone share some tips on this?

I believe Keymaster and the Corona Team are to busy with other new features and tweaks, and he stated they wouldn't be implementing this sort of post process effects. So any info on how you guys work around this will be very welcome. Thx!

BTW... Keep up the good work Corona team!