Author Topic: Hair Material - saturation value  (Read 1691 times)

2022-01-07, 22:02:32

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi there.

Please, add a saturation value in the corona hair Material.
I have a rug with two tones of almost gray hair. It took me a while to get both tones with the same saturation value.

2022-01-10, 16:05:05
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Sorry, but I don't really understand this request. What specific property of the hair material would you like to make more or less saturated?
In your case, were you using a solid color, a Corona Color plugged into some slot, or a bitmap? Why not just use the Corona Color Correct node?
I think sharing some more information and screenshots of what exactly you were doing would greatly help here.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-01-10, 16:32:37
Reply #2

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Maru.

Let's say that I need to create the rug I'm sending a screenshot for. The hair on the rug has no or very little color. It's mostly shades of grey.

If I change the melanin value to change the lightness, and reduce the color reflection to zero, I still have some color in the hair.
I'd need to play with the diffuse color to reduce that saturation. Is that correct?

Even with grey in the Diffuse slot I still have some warm tones that I can't seem to be able to get rid of.

It's would be much faster to just be able to play with a saturation value intstead.

Unless I'm missing something.