Author Topic: (Beginner) Lumpy resolution of Megascans with Corona Renderer  (Read 1031 times)

2021-11-12, 18:17:44

SebastianCinema

• Users
    • View Profile
I imported this 3d Asset "Canyon" from Quixel Bridge to see the result with corona renderer. But it turned out bad (first pic)
The second picture is with the standard renderer, but this one got a very good resolution.
I have chosen the same render settings for both pictures.
How can i get a higher resolution with the corona renderer?

2021-11-13, 13:12:04
Reply #1

ingemar

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Did you set up the material correctly for Corona? Megascans’ exports do not support Corona out of the box, so you will have to either convert the material or create it from scratch. Also, I sometimes find that Megascans’ displacement maps do not play well with Corona and using the included jpeg (instead of exr/hdr) is a safer route.

2021-11-14, 01:53:40
Reply #2

ShynnSup

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yeah, I would try to recreate the material manually. A couple of things need to be done before the material is ready to go:

Diffuse - ok
Reflection - you need to import the Roughness texture into the Glossiness. Also, Roughness is not exactly the inverse of Glossiness so instead of inverting the texture you can use a Filter shader, put the texture inside, tick Gradation Curves, and use the Squared curve, from the Spine presets and then flip it horizontally. More info here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=27215.0

Bump: you will actually need to use the Corona Node Editor here, to set up a Normal Shader, and then plug in the Bump Texture there. Make sure the Color Profile is set to LINEAR.
Displacement: import texture normally but set it to LINEAR.

I usually go for values of 100% Bump and 50cm displacement.

2021-11-14, 04:38:58
Reply #3

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
... Reflection - you need to import the Roughness texture into the Glossiness ...
The "new" Physical material (starting with V7) lets you import the Roughness texture directly (default).

... Bump: you will actually need to use the Corona Node Editor here ...
As great as the node editor is, you do not need to use it here, just load the Corona Normal shader in the texture slot of Bump and load the Normal texture in there.

Just as a couple of notes.
Michael