Author Topic: Saving image from interactive renderer crashes max.  (Read 882 times)

2021-09-10, 15:06:17

vermu

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I have this annoying problem that most of the time when I save image from interactive renderer it crashes max. If I don't use interactive renderer it works ok. And many times when I have just rebooted the computer it works ok but after working some time this problem always comes up. Are there any work arounds or is it just me?

2021-09-10, 15:44:41
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
For crashes, it's always best to send in the minidump. See https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000524006-how-to-report-issues-3ds-max - this also includes the other info we need, such as which version of the host software, which version of Corona, if this is every scene or just specific ones, how to send in a scene where this happens to you via private uploader, etc.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-09-10, 19:04:51
Reply #2

Jak

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I have this annoying problem that most of the time when I save image from interactive renderer it crashes max. If I don't use interactive renderer it works ok. And many times when I have just rebooted the computer it works ok but after working some time this problem always comes up. Are there any work arounds or is it just me?

I get crashes from Corona Frame Buffer every time I have bloom and glare ticked. I have to use workaround, first save to exr, then to hdri, then to 16 bit tiff (shame its not possible to save to 16 bit tiff straight out of Exr - just a side note.).

Try unticking bloom and glare options?

2021-09-15, 15:47:00
Reply #3

vermu

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Yep. Glare and bloom were the culprit. I got this problem today again. I disabled glare and bloom and then the save worked ok. Well, that's ok workaround. I use glare and bloom only when rendering without interactive screen.