Author Topic: Lack of realism  (Read 5031 times)

2021-09-10, 10:55:31
Reply #15

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
9. basically all architectural geo needs to be chamfered or needs CoronaRoundEdges texmap

I feel silly to forget round edges texmap. Definitely a lifesaver when chamfer is not an option.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-09-10, 11:36:00
Reply #16

a35i

• Active Users
    • View Profile
1. Is it a nighttime or daytime scene? The building is too bright and the sky is too dark for it to be either.
2. Why is there a Porsche and a Lamborghini parked outside what looks like a moderately priced hotel, in an open-air parking lot? I doubt owners of high-end sports cars would 1. park their cars outside 2. be at a place like this in the first place.
3. car materials need improvement; rear lights, tires, rims
4. parking lines are too uniform; they should appear faded, dirty, etc.
5. foliage is fine(?) but colors are too dark, too saturated
6. UV mapping on curb is broken
7. curb is low poly
8. wood is flat, lacks detail, lacks contrast, lacks color variation; wood grain on panel on front of building is too large.
9. basically all architectural geo needs to be chamfered or needs CoronaRoundEdges texmap
10. lighting is flat; left and right side of the building are almost equally lit
11. noise throughout the image; maybe light sources are overbright in the scene and being turned down in the LightMix; use the denoiser.
These are very valuable points for me "no doubt", and you helped me to think on larger circle for my future models - lighting - materials, but i have a question, deos the coronaroundedges texmap do the job? I mean instead of trying to do all the chamfers in revit, which i think its going to take alot of time.
I think i need to work more on light distribution all around the scene.

2021-11-25, 19:07:09
Reply #17

3DsChobo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am on team fix lighting first :).
While materials do need work, the most accurate model of a real material looks fake in a lighting situation that doesnt follow certain rules.
A change of camera angle and composition or storytelling will make for a better image, but do not help for a photorealistic render.
In the real world a porsche can park in front of a cheap motel and a photographer can take weird angles and framings of that. The photo he takes will look real anyways.

As in any simulation scale does matter. Lighting has scale too. the relationship in light intensity between different lightsources is of utmost importance.
To get a feel for that the best exercise one can do is to go out and take photos with a camera in full manual mode.