Author Topic: Problem with corona render 7  (Read 6543 times)

2021-08-06, 14:44:29

needsomenice

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello everyone,
I have the following problem and maybe someone will help me, a few days ago I installed the new version of coronarender 7 in 3ds max 2020. I took a simple interior scene for testing. The problem is that after 30-70 render passes, then there's always the message:

System is running low on RAM. You may experience excessive parsing times and/or crashes. You will probably have to simplify the scene.

126,1 GB of virtualized* RAM used by Corona + 3ds Max
135,5 GB of virtualized* RAM used by all running applications
93,2 GB of physical RAM installed on system
151,4 GB of virtualized* RAM provided by OS

* virtualized RAM means physical RAM + swap file on HDD/SSD

I check in the system that a maximum of 2gb of ram is used. And even when I clean the Jet Clean memory, the result is 180 mb ram. But the message is always on coronarender 7 and then 3ds max cannot be turned off other than by force closing. I will only add that I also mark "conserve memory"

Thank you for your help

[/img]

2021-08-06, 14:48:46
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
This looks like simply running out of RAM. When this message is displayed by Corona, can you go to the Windows Task Manager > Performance tab and click on "Memory", then send a screenshot here? (like the one I am attaching here)

If it really is running out of RAM, the best solution would be to find out what part of the scene is using so much RAM (it could be displacement, some material, plugin, ...) and fix it. Also, this guide may be helpful:
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000023310
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2021-08-06, 14:56:28
Reply #2

needsomenice

• Users
    • View Profile
Thank you, I'm searching for this kind of element, but is a simple interior scene, without many displace. I'm reading now:
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=17892.0
Sorry, my system is in the Polish language.

2021-08-06, 16:19:03
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Nie ma problemu, jakoś sobie poradzę. ;)

So it looks like Corona is reporting the RAM usage incorrectly.
Could you please share this scene with us? Here is the uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2021-08-06, 16:21:03
Reply #4

needsomenice

• Users
    • View Profile

2021-08-07, 21:59:53
Reply #5

Freakaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Website
I have the same problem render starts normally and goes well for about 10 passes with 3 million rays, then ram consumption increases to the max, Rays drops to 10k and I can not stop the rendering, need to force close max.    The some cameras from the same scene renders normally and some causes this error.

2021-10-04, 11:05:06
Reply #6

vrauwena

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have the same problem render starts normally and goes well for about 10 passes with 3 million rays, then ram consumption increases to the max, Rays drops to 10k and I can not stop the rendering, need to force close max.    The some cameras from the same scene renders normally and some causes this error.

I have the same issue with Corona 7 hotfix 1.
And it happens only to 1 camera view, the rest of the views renders just fine.

2021-10-04, 11:22:52
Reply #7

vrauwena

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have the same issue with Corona 7 hotfix 1.
And it happens only to 1 camera view, the rest of the views renders just fine.

Uploaded the file with the name 1633339279_Aleta-Planet-03.zip

2021-10-06, 05:47:04
Reply #8

Ubermaki

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have similar (or the same ) issue. My render starts with around 24-25gb free ram memory. At certain point memory usage starts to rise untill I am left with 300-400mb of free memory, and cpu goes down to 0% utilization, after which I have to kill the process manually. This happened to me on the same scene 3 times at around pass 80. First part of rendering goes smooth. I rendered substantially complexed scene without any issue.
Usually, I get excessive ram usage message at the very beggining of the scene is not optimized, but the render still continues ( no crash so far ).
I optimized the scene a bit. Let’s see if it happens again.

Btw, this happened to me on v7 and v7 hotfix1

2021-10-06, 14:31:43
Reply #9

Ubermaki

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think I got the solution.
I found out that some materials (corona physical in my case) have a CoronaMix map (with Falloff map hooked in the mix slot) in Base IOR. I can't remember whether I converted those from Vray or Corona Legacy. I tested the scene with one simple object (bottle in my case), and the problem was there almost immediately.
3ds max starts to ramp up in memory consumption until the whole ram is gone. CPU stops as soon as memory consumption starts to ramp up and max is unresponsive. (Happened on rebus farm as well)

God damn, lost hours and a lot of hair trying to figure this one out. Had to copy few by few objects from the main scene to an empty scene and render test it until I found an issue.

I really hope this will help

Cheers

2021-10-06, 14:46:14
Reply #10

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Any chance you could upload the scene? I created a sphere, added a refractive material with two CoronaColors passed through a CoronaMix mixed by a Falloff into Base IOR, and had no issues, so there may be some more specifics to when this occurs.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-10-07, 03:17:56
Reply #11

Ubermaki

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I have several bottles on my scene that caused this problem. Since my main scene is too large, I can send you test scene on which I've managed to recreate the problem. This works in interactive as well, so no need to actually render the scene.
I used max 2022, my friend tested it in 2018 with the same issue.
Btw, I installed V8 daily build and that fixed the issue.

I am not sure whether there is official way to send you the scene or not, but I hope dropbox link is ok. Let me know
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hywkzcuerx7jgk5/CORONA_ERROR.zip?dl=0

2021-10-07, 13:07:16
Reply #12

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

There is a good chance that this issue was fixed in the latest v8 daily build. Would you be able to install it and try it out?

You can find it here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=33839.msg190524#msg190524

Thanks,

Rowan

Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2021-10-07, 18:24:11
Reply #13

Ubermaki

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

There is a good chance that this issue was fixed in the latest v8 daily build. Would you be able to install it and try it out?

You can find it here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=33839.msg190524#msg190524

Thanks,

Rowan

I can confirm that the problem is fixed in V8 Daily build.

Thank you Rowan