Author Topic: Does the official version of 7.0 need to be postponed?  (Read 1640 times)

2021-07-01, 13:51:51

MissSu

  • Active Users
  • **
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
I noticed that the official version of 7.0 is still not released. I want to know the details of the current situation and whether it needs to be postponed.
When will I be able to see it. . .

2021-07-04, 10:52:24
Reply #1

364888487@qq.com

  • Active Users
  • **
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile
Be punctual This word Don't know how to explain?
Punctuality is sometimes a good feature. Don't let your users down. Look forward to corona 7 VDB, the official version, not the test!

2021-07-05, 10:26:47
Reply #2

NicolasC

  • Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
  • ***
  • Posts: 483
  • CG supervisor / teacher / artist
    • View Profile
Hello,

What would you prefer ?
1) a V7 release now, with plenty of remaining bugs, that will be patched with several fixes weeks after weeks, making it tricky to use in production
2) a slightly delayed V7, polished, rock-solid, that you will be able to use in production safely

On my side, it's 2 without a second of hesitation :)
Nicolas Caplat
CG supervisor / teacher / artist

2021-07-05, 17:13:37
Reply #3

maru

  • Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • ****
  • Posts: 10903
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hello,

What would you prefer ?
1) a V7 release now, with plenty of remaining bugs, that will be patched with several fixes weeks after weeks, making it tricky to use in production
2) a slightly delayed V7, polished, rock-solid, that you will be able to use in production safely

On my side, it's 2 without a second of hesitation :)

3) a V7 release now, polished, rock-solid, that you will be able to use in production safely

:)

But this is not always possible.
As already explained, postponing the release to make sure it is as good as possible is the only correct solution.
Please click on "Important road map information - please read!" and read the description inside:
https://trello.com/c/j5AVQ4oX/197-important-road-map-information-please-read


2021-07-06, 08:48:27
Reply #4

NicolasC

  • Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
  • ***
  • Posts: 483
  • CG supervisor / teacher / artist
    • View Profile

3) a V7 release now, polished, rock-solid, that you will be able to use in production safely


Ahhaha yes, Maru, indeed :)
Nicolas Caplat
CG supervisor / teacher / artist

2021-07-07, 17:50:43
Reply #5

MissSu

  • Active Users
  • **
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Hello,

What would you prefer ?
1) a V7 release now, with plenty of remaining bugs, that will be patched with several fixes weeks after weeks, making it tricky to use in production
2) a slightly delayed V7, polished, rock-solid, that you will be able to use in production safely

On my side, it's 2 without a second of hesitation :)
Hello there,
Of course~ A more complete V7 is a better choice. English is not my native language, maybe there is something wrong with my expression?
I mean, if they need a more relaxed time, maybe they need one. . . announcement?
You know, I am looking forward to V7 so much that I read the content on Trello every day.
:( :(

2021-07-07, 21:29:07
Reply #6

Ondra

  • Administrator
  • Active Users
  • *****
  • Posts: 8952
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I recommend watching the daily builds section on this forum if you want to watch it daily, there is more detailed progress posted there
Rendering is magic.
Private scene uploader | How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2021-07-08, 06:41:13
Reply #7

MissSu

  • Active Users
  • **
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Yes, I paid attention to those too!
Actually, I've already made some interesting materials with the Daily Build!
Expect the 7V version because the render farms in our country will only deploy the servers when the official version is available.
I look forward to using it in real projects.
This is exhilarating! >. <