Author Topic: "Brightness and Contrast" incompatible  (Read 4440 times)

2021-06-30, 07:28:43

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Hi all,

I had a strange error appear once. I dismissed it, it's never come back but the problem persists.

I must have imported a strange texture node from a purchased model. I can't seem to find it...

The error said something like: Render effect "Brightness and Contrast" is incompatible with the bitmap selected for rendering

Now, this hasn't been an issue per se... BUT I'm using a third-party program (Pulze Render Manager) to batch out my renders. Pulze can't render because of this error. If I render in 3DSMax the error doesn't seem to be a problem at all. Like I said, the error only appeared once, I dismissed it and it doesn't appear any more.

My query: how can I find this texture/bitmap? I have many materials in my scene and can't go through them one-by-one.

Anyone know what is going on here?
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2021-06-30, 09:23:33
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Press "8" to open enviroment and effects window, switch to effects tab and look for any effects there. Delete them all and error should disappear.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-06-30, 09:30:05
Reply #2

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Damn, you really do learn something new every day.

I had no idea such a thing existed... are these commonly used?

Thanks for the help Romullus. I'm sure this is now fixed!
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2021-06-30, 09:44:07
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I don't know, i never had use them. Most of effects are legacy stuff from scanline days, but like many things in 3ds max they are very sneaky and can easily slip into your scene by merging objects, or by other means. I saw reports that sometimes they're multiplying like crazy for no apparent reasons, so it's useful to know about this stuff and where to find it.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-03-25, 21:25:40
Reply #4

mayabuhendy

• Users
    • View Profile
hello i had a similar issue but when I opened the effects tab I found a tremendous amount of "brightness & contrast" added and i cant seem to know how to delete them all at once there's no option of selecting multiple by pressing shift or cntrl

2022-03-29, 23:31:53
Reply #5

mferster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hello i had a similar issue but when I opened the effects tab I found a tremendous amount of "brightness & contrast" added and i cant seem to know how to delete them all at once there's no option of selecting multiple by pressing shift or cntrl

If there are really that many I would just merge the file into a new scene entirely.

2022-10-07, 15:31:13
Reply #6

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform

Just had same issue, you can delete them all with the fee Sini Forensics plugin :)
My small 3D model shop: www.ikonoform.com/shop
My arch viz blog: www.ikonoform.com/blog

2022-10-13, 16:13:10
Reply #7

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
You can run a script/command I wrote to quickly delete all atmospheric effects at once:

while numAtmospherics > 0 do deleteAtmospheric 1

Note that there are "Effects" - second tab of Environment and Effect - and Atmospheric effects, in Environment tab.
The script is only for Atmospherics.
There is a known problem with Fire Effect getting copied many times and significantly slowing down the rendering.

Hope this helps
« Last Edit: 2022-10-13, 16:23:31 by Aram Avetisyan »
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us

2023-01-16, 01:54:38
Reply #8

Kathleen.Monick

• Users
    • View Profile
I am also having this problem.
I tried with the script and it didn't work, and when I tried with Sini Forensinc my 3dsmax crashed!

you can delete them all with the fee Sini Forensics plugin :)

To be sure, which Forensinc option do I need to eliminate?
Thanks!

now it worked, I clicked on "reset settings" in the "scene" tab and then eliminated the "render effects" in Forensic and it solved!
« Last Edit: 2023-01-16, 14:35:39 by Kathleen.Monick »