Author Topic: OUTPUT RESOLUTION CHANGING !! NEED HELP !!  (Read 3054 times)

2021-06-28, 08:52:49

aswinlal

• Users
    • View Profile
Guys I rendered a scene in 1920x1080 HDTV Preset but the Render output file is coming as 720x480 , Still renders are fine , This is only Happening in Animations , What am i doing wrong , how to fix it .
« Last Edit: 2021-06-28, 08:56:18 by aswinlal »

2021-06-28, 09:40:04
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
What DCC package this is, 3ds Max, or Cinema 4D? Please attach screenshots with your render settings, particularly the place where you set render output resolution.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-06-28, 10:54:35
Reply #2

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Also, please tell what format you're saving to. If you're rendering directly to a avi/mov format, that could be the reason.

2021-06-28, 12:41:51
Reply #3

aswinlal

• Users
    • View Profile
Im Working with 3Ds Max & Yes i did render it to avi format , attatching screenshots of  render settings , renderer & Properties tab of the output avi file . im new to corona, please direct me to the proper way of rendering out .

2021-06-28, 13:43:44
Reply #4

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You are rendering to avi directly? This may be the problem, the encoder probably scales it down.

I'd strongly suggest to render to frames (some losless format like tif or png) and then use another app to produce the animation. That way, you make sure that the encoder doesn't downgrade quality due to compression, and it'll also preserve the alpha channel should you need it in the future.

2021-06-28, 13:55:50
Reply #5

aswinlal

• Users
    • View Profile
So there are no options to save the animation as a video files properly ?

2021-06-28, 14:08:56
Reply #6

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Check the encoder settings, but those that come with Max are so old that HD video resolutions might not be supported.

2021-06-28, 14:37:07
Reply #7

NicolasC

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
  • CG supervisor / teacher / artist
    • View Profile
So there are no options to save the animation as a video files properly ?

Hello,

Out of curiosity, why do you want to render directly to a video format ? quick animation previews apart, IMHO one should never EVER render directly a video, prefer an image sequence by far ...
Nicolas Caplat
CG supervisor / teacher / artist

2021-06-28, 14:55:05
Reply #8

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
[..]IMHO one should never EVER render directly a video, prefer an image sequence by far ...

Indeed! Autodesk should remove option to render directly to video, it brings nothing but pain to less experienced people. @aswinlal, do yourself a favor, listen to the advice you were given and render to sequence of images. I'm sure with the help of google you will easily find how to assemble video out of rendered images.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-06-28, 15:32:40
Reply #9

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Image sequence - if your machine crashes, the power goes out, etc. then the whole animation is lost if rendering to a video format and you have to start rendering at frame 1; if you are rendering to image sequence, you just start from the frame after the last one that was completed.

If you look at the video and find that the codec compression is way too high, render to video format you have to do all the rendering again with new codec settings; image sequence, you just change the codec settings in the video app (Resolve is free) and redo that, no need to re-render.

Those two alone are enough to never, ever render direct to video from your 3D app :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-06-28, 15:46:07
Reply #10

NicolasC

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
  • CG supervisor / teacher / artist
    • View Profile
Image sequence - if your machine crashes, the power goes out, etc. then the whole animation is lost if rendering to a video format and you have to start rendering at frame 1; if you are rendering to image sequence, you just start from the frame after the last one that was completed.

If you look at the video and find that the codec compression is way too high, render to video format you have to do all the rendering again with new codec settings; image sequence, you just change the codec settings in the video app (Resolve is free) and redo that, no need to re-render.

Those two alone are enough to never, ever render direct to video from your 3D app :)
I wouldn't have written better :)
Nicolas Caplat
CG supervisor / teacher / artist