Author Topic: Aerial Perspective Playground !  (Read 14015 times)

2021-06-26, 16:12:17
Reply #15

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No it really does work correctly, I was surprised myself how well. The previous model didn't (as good at all).

Of course, both get dimmer but not at same ratio which you can compare when you compensate exposure (and normalize it).
When comparing to photos or things you remember visually, you have to account for all the variables that happen. Dynamic range (of your eyes or camera), post-production, clouds in the sky, architecture & nature occluding and bouncing light, etc.

Right now, minus the existence of cloud simulation within the Sky model itself, it replicates the light almost exactly to reality.

Good to know your opinion. Thanks.
I'm taking artistic license in that respect then.

2021-06-26, 18:26:42
Reply #16

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Absolutely, so am I :- ). And photographers :- ). Like.. how popular did Sky Replacement "A.I" got in last year? There is Luminar,etc. so many apps. Even before that, EV filters, Polariser filters, Lens coating, etc.. it all contribute so vastly to how we perceive skies in photography.

In terms of light (&shadows) cast, until Sky models have Cloud simulation, you have to change all aspects (size, color, intensity) in artistic way to account for how sun would get diffused behind clouds. Or use HDRi.

I feel like in few years we'll get to that point at as well. Tools like Terragen were always trying to integrate the Sky models in such way.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2021-06-28, 12:05:35
Reply #17

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think you should rename Volume Effect to Snoop Dogg Effect, just kidding.
I'm not sure how to use this VE with interior scenes.

2021-06-28, 15:38:57
Reply #18

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
It's not an interior effect tbh - for that, the full volumetric material (Global, or on an object) would be the correct solution. This one is definitely intended as the haze and aerial perspective seen across long distances while outdoors.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-06-28, 17:58:36
Reply #19

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's not an interior effect tbh - for that, the full volumetric material (Global, or on an object) would be the correct solution. This one is definitely intended as the haze and aerial perspective seen across long distances while outdoors.

Yeah, got it, thank you.
But I had hoped this feature will work with all scene (it's so quick and lean result)

2021-06-30, 09:56:16
Reply #20

JulioCayetano

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Testing the RC4 to check if the Magenta tint is gone. After a quick test in a simple scene, the same I used to test RC3, the issue seems to have improved a lot, but it isn´t fully gone. Maybe this is too subjective. Let me show an example:
RC3 vs RC4 comparison at Turbnidity 4: the improvement is massive.
RC3 vs RC4 at Turbidity 6 (or anything above 4.5), and the improvement is noticeable but still looking a bit weird to me. You can check the refraction pass to see how those glass surfaces are tinted when they shouldn´t, right?

2021-06-30, 10:06:17
Reply #21

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Can you just increase strength of the effect at low turbidity and get same result (minus magenta tint)?

I mean, get denser "fog".
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2021-06-30, 10:28:30
Reply #22

JulioCayetano

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Can you just increase strength of the effect at low turbidity and get same result (minus magenta tint)?

I mean, get denser "fog".
After a few minutes testing the Fog with RC4, I noticed that, at Turbidity=2, increasing the Volume Effect multiplier not only makes the Fof effect denser, but produces unexpected results, like bands within the Zdepth range that are more dense and more heavily tinted and other areas that are less dense. I´m not sure what is happening, but doesn´t look like a natural effect to my eyes. I will post examples as soon as possible.

2021-06-30, 10:42:28
Reply #23

JulioCayetano

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Here you can check a simple comparison, same Turbidity (=2) for all, same altitute (=0) and just changing the multiplier of Volume effect multiplier.

2021-06-30, 11:29:19
Reply #24

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
JulioCayetano, please use this topic for discussions about new haze. I moved related messages from daily builds topic here.

P.S. i also find that haze in RC4 is still a bit too pink in certain situations, but it's miles better than it was before.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-06-30, 13:22:25
Reply #25

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Here you can check a simple comparison, same Turbidity (=2) for all, same altitute (=0) and just changing the multiplier of Volume effect multiplier.

It looks kind of right to me, but I don't know what should be the ground truth as reference to judge by :- ).

But at least it doesn't have pinkish tint.

2021-07-16, 15:47:15
Reply #26

DelightingPictures

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Delighting Pictures
Test with new Aerial Pespective. No Postproduction, direct render VFB.
Nice and fast effects with this new implementation.
Thanks

2021-07-25, 15:59:38
Reply #27

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. I'm testing the new Sky, and having a problem. When using the new volume effect together with VDB-skies, I'm getting a purple box around the skies.

Is this a known issue, and are there any workarounds?

Uploaded two images showing the problem.

2021-07-25, 18:40:23
Reply #28

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, known issue afaik - the new Vol Effect replaces any other sort of volumes for now, and adding volumes into the scene (eg OpenVDB, or perhaps even Vol Mat) won't render correctly.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-07-25, 18:49:02
Reply #29

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks. Not great news, but at least I now know what not to do :)

Best regards