Author Topic: The new Corona Converter feedback thread  (Read 65044 times)

2021-05-23, 21:53:27
Reply #15

selene

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Will the updated material converter convert 3dsmax's Physical Material to Corona?
Models that I bring in from other Architectural apps default to that. It's such a pain to manually convert them all. Even if it just copied the bitmap paths over to the diffuse channel, I can set the rest of the settings.

thanks

Hello Javadevil, thank you very much for your feedback. Conversion of 3ds Max's Physical Material is very high on our "what to do next list", however before adding support for another material to Corona Converter, first we want to make sure conversion of already supported materials works as expected. So currently we mostly focus on simplifying the shading networks, since this is something which troubles lots of early adopters of Corona 7. If everything goes well and we'll manage to address all the issues with currently supported materials, hopefully we would be able to start working on support for Physical Material soon :)

2021-05-23, 21:55:33
Reply #16

selene

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
hello my friends!

still the same issue with falloff map ...

corona 6 - 1 falloff map in difuse chanel - OK
corona 7 - 1 falloff map in difuse (converted) - lot of CoronaMix maps.

why? wouldn't it be easier not to convert this type of map? (falloff) or rather, create a Coronafalloff?

Hello lzanlorenzi, thank you very much for your feedback, we're already working on changes which should result in simpler shading networks being generated.

2021-05-23, 21:56:57
Reply #17

selene

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Another issue is incorrect recognition of metal materials, non-metal in the case of vrayblend conversion turns the materials from the machine into metallic

Hello Skalpel3d, thank you very much for your feedback. Please could you provide us the scene in question? We'd like to have a look at it.
« Last Edit: 2021-05-24, 00:19:24 by selene »

2021-05-27, 09:31:58
Reply #18

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi
Not the 1st time mentioned, but here is comparison of Corona 6's and Corona 7's conversion results. Corona 7 tries to keep front/back colors which is really good, but gives a mess of mix maps which (IMHO) have no sense. The tree model taken from Evermotion Archmodels 207 collection where material structure of all models is about the same.

DB 2021-05-20

2021-05-27, 09:37:12
Reply #19

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Thanks for the feedback! We are aware of this issue, and one of the upcoming daily builds will include an updated converter which greatly lowers the number of nodes created in the conversion.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2021-05-27, 09:47:50
Reply #20

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the feedback! We are aware of this issue, and one of the upcoming daily builds will include an updated converter which greatly lowers the number of nodes created in the conversion.

Good news, thank you!

2021-05-27, 11:43:06
Reply #21

selene

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi
Not the 1st time mentioned, but here is comparison of Corona 6's and Corona 7's conversion results. Corona 7 tries to keep front/back colors which is really good, but gives a mess of mix maps which (IMHO) have no sense. The tree model taken from Evermotion Archmodels 207 collection where material structure of all models is about the same.

DB 2021-05-20

Hello Bormax, please could you provide us the scene in question, so we could make sure it works as expected even for this particular case?

2021-05-27, 12:32:51
Reply #22

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi

DB 2021-05-20

Hello Bormax, please could you provide us the scene in question, so we could make sure it works as expected even for this particular case?

Done
1622111539_converter6-7-comparison.zip

2021-06-04, 00:37:22
Reply #23

selene

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Done

Thank you very much!

2021-06-11, 14:11:31
Reply #24

selene

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
A material made with Corona 6 consists of 1) after conversion with the latest converted, the newly created material contains many maps and nodes 1) + 2); That's so frustrating; Is there any workaround?

The Corona Converter shipping with Corona Renderer 7 RC1 now contains changes which should result in much simpler shading networks being generated during conversion. Please let us know if it does or does not work as expected or have some ideas for improvement :)

2021-06-11, 14:14:00
Reply #25

selene

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
hello my friends!

still the same issue with falloff map ...

corona 6 - 1 falloff map in difuse chanel - OK
corona 7 - 1 falloff map in difuse (converted) - lot of CoronaMix maps.

why? wouldn't it be easier not to convert this type of map? (falloff) or rather, create a Coronafalloff?

Hello lzanlorenzi , this issue with lot of CoronaMix maps being generated should now be fixed in Corona Converter shipping with Corona Renderer V7 RC1. Please let us know whether it works as expected :)

2021-06-11, 14:19:44
Reply #26

selene

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Done

Bormax I tried to convert the scene you sent us using Corona Converter shipping with Corona Renderer V7 RC1 and the shading network generated during conversion is simpler. In case of this scene, I noticed that there is still a problem with some duplicate nodes being generated during the conversion, which is caused by known bug in one MAXScript function (on 3ds Max side), we are aware of and already trying to fix, however this should have no negative impact on the visual result.

2021-06-13, 15:52:52
Reply #27

lzanlorenzi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi friend!

Great work. now falloff maps wasn t converted to a zilion of CoronaMix maps with CoronaColor maps.. great work...the other improvements are great too... thank you very much!

2021-06-14, 15:16:21
Reply #28

FixelFakes

• Users
    • View Profile
Please pass the material ID while converting!

2021-06-17, 13:37:22
Reply #29

junchien

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Done

Bormax I tried to convert the scene you sent us using Corona Converter shipping with Corona Renderer V7 RC1 and the shading network generated during conversion is simpler. In case of this scene, I noticed that there is still a problem with some duplicate nodes being generated during the conversion, which is caused by known bug in one MAXScript function (on 3ds Max side), we are aware of and already trying to fix, however this should have no negative impact on the visual result.

I think I have encountered an error in Vray3.6.0 converting plants in Evermotion-Archmodels.207, a prompt appears

I tried rendering without using the converter, but the result is incorrect