Author Topic: Studio  (Read 5012 times)

2021-03-29, 15:18:21
Reply #15

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
As ever, the planned release date is the one seen on the roadmap https://trello.com/b/EfPE4kPx/corona-tentative-road-map-3ds-max - it will get more specific only as we get closer and have a clearer idea of when things will be ready :) So right now, "Q2 2021" is as specific as we can be.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-03-31, 16:12:55
Reply #16

evalery

• Active Users
  • play more
    • View Profile
    • evnvis
I really like the models, materials, and lighting. I think this scene would be a perfect candidate for the new V7 daily build with the Corona Physical material. I think high roughness and the sheen feature would work great with the cloth materials.

Hi Maru,

I tried the new physical material and played a bit with the sheen feature. Here is the new render with the sheen feature and the old one without. I created new V7 physical materials only for the purple fabric, the gold one and the yellow one in the foreplan on the right. You can notice the difference (I used exactly the same colours) - the new raw render and the old raw render

thanks,

Elena V Miller

2021-04-01, 17:41:59
Reply #17

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I think the fabrics look more realistic with the sheen turned on. Actually, since this simulates tiny strands parallel to the camera, I wonder if there is a real-life fabric that would not need this property. :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2021-04-01, 20:51:19
Reply #18

evalery

• Active Users
  • play more
    • View Profile
    • evnvis
absolutely! I have to redo my entire library of fabrics...:(((((
Elena V Miller