Author Topic: Chaos cosmos & Chaos Cloud - Corona users are left behind?  (Read 6800 times)

2021-03-02, 14:11:42
Reply #15

Mr.Max

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Do you remember where exactly did you see that statement? It sounds pretty worrying TBH.
it is under this video, I'm not sure if it is possible to add a link for a specific comment so I'm attaching a screenshot for it  :

Simply, I love to put pixels together! Sounds easy right : ))
https://www.behance.net/NawrasRyhan

2021-03-02, 14:48:19
Reply #16

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Thank you!
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-03-02, 15:17:03
Reply #17

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
The whole Corona/Vray interoperability didn't move anywhere past the first basic material/lights, I don't know what stopped the process.
I've noticed this too! it is nowhere where you would expect it to be after all these years.
I read this official comment on the Chaos youtube channel recently:
"Corona Renderer will be rebranded and part of the Chaos ecosystem. The future versions of Corona are still in development, so look forward to good news in the future."
Not sure how much that will affect the overall interoperability tho.

Yikes!
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2021-03-02, 16:15:06
Reply #18

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
...so look forward to good news in the future."
So, for now, the message is to look forward to good news in the future!

I'm annoyed.
The least they can do is give us the option of buying a permanent license while we "look forward to good news in the future."

2021-03-02, 16:56:56
Reply #19

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi! So on the one hand the question is, when will Corona have access to Chaos Cosmos and Chaos Cloud, and it's bad that it hasn't got that yet - but then it's worrying that in the future it may have access to those things? :) On a more serious note, there simply isn't any concrete news to share at the moment, which is why nothing is shared other than there will be news in the future. While we do like to keep you informed of things as soon as possible, that's only when there is something approaching definite and fixed to share, and not when details will be changing and changing again.

Best thing to do then is, like us, to look forward to Corona 7, as the new features in that is where our efforts are going!

Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-03-02, 18:03:52
Reply #20

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi! So on the one hand the question is, when will Corona have access to Chaos Cosmos and Chaos Cloud, and it's bad that it hasn't got that yet - but then it's worrying that in the future it may have access to those things? :) On a more serious note, there simply isn't any concrete news to share at the moment, which is why nothing is shared other than there will be news in the future. While we do like to keep you informed of things as soon as possible, that's only when there is something approaching definite and fixed to share, and not when details will be changing and changing again.

Best thing to do then is, like us, to look forward to Corona 7, as the new features in that is where our efforts are going!

I'm annoyed because that's the answer I got two years ago.
"Look forward to good news in the future" sounds very vague.
I'd rather hear from you "eventually Corona will have it too but there are no concrete plans at the moment, so don't wait for it".

Also, you have to admit that compared to the development that Vray had since the merger, Corona's dev could be considered slow for a monthly payment type of license.
Maybe I'm thinking about it too much. I don't know. In any case it's not that paying $360/year is going to break my bank account. But still...

EDIT: And two years ago maybe I made plans based on the idea that chaos cloud would be available soon.

2021-03-04, 09:33:03
Reply #21

Mohammadreza Mohseni

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
the development indeed has been slowed down compared to other engines. corona seems to left behind intentionally for whatever reason. or simply just not enough resources in development to get the things done in less time.
I love corona but it sure feels that way.