Author Topic: PhoenixFD Volumetric rendering in passes  (Read 2119 times)

2021-01-08, 00:28:15

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ive noticed that theres a specific 'vray' mode with Phoenix that allows the simulations to render as geometry and therefore included in passes like zdepth and ID etc.
Is there a way to make this function in corona as simply changing to that mode doesnt work. Is this a known limitation?

Thanks
Jack

2021-01-12, 11:47:03
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I made a quick test here and it seems that Phoenix simulations behave exactly the same as the Corona Volume Grid here:
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=28378.0

Can you please confirm that your request is about the same thing, just about Phoenix?
If there is anything specific, like a render element that you definitely would like to work with Corona, let me know here or in the thread linked above.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2021-01-12, 22:57:25
Reply #2

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I made a quick test here and it seems that Phoenix simulations behave exactly the same as the Corona Volume Grid here:
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=28378.0

Can you please confirm that your request is about the same thing, just about Phoenix?
If there is anything specific, like a render element that you definitely would like to work with Corona, let me know here or in the thread linked above.

Yes it appears that the same passes (various masking and zdepth) are what im looking to use with Phoenix Too.

2021-01-13, 11:31:36
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Thanks for confirming.
In that case it is another instance of (Internal ID=477530807)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us