Author Topic: many objects in corona slow down editing object  (Read 4433 times)

2020-10-14, 10:32:38

antoine82

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,
Has anyone noticed that when we have a lot of objects in a corona distance map, it slows down the editing of those objects?
if yes, does anyone have a solution?

Thanks

2020-10-14, 17:06:58
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi, which version of Corona are you using?
What exactly do you consider "a lot"? Can you provide a simple example scene?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-10-15, 11:45:41
Reply #2

antoine82

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
I don't have a simple scene but I send you my current scene by private uploader.
by "a lot" I mean that I wait 2 seconds at least when editing the cutters attached in capture-1 on which I applied the shader in capture-4 containing a corona distance in the opacity.

These cutters are duplicated and have a shader that allows them to create a capholes at render time (blue in capture-3-2).

in the scene I have an animation that allows to isolate the levels and the "cutter" and "capholes" of the different apartments one after the other.

best regards

2021-01-15, 15:45:21
Reply #3

Kum

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm really interested in this cutter and cap shader workflow. If it's possible, can you please explain how those are working? That would really help me daily.

2021-01-15, 18:19:08
Reply #4

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,
Has anyone noticed that when we have a lot of objects in a corona distance map, it slows down the editing of those objects?
if yes, does anyone have a solution?

Thanks
Make sure the material editor is closed or doesn't display any material or map using a distance map containing the objects you want to modify, otherwise it may slow down max because of the constant updates to the material.

2021-01-16, 05:04:57
Reply #5

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
Also disable the automatic update on the shader ball on the slate editor. that might work