Author Topic: Render Farm Single Frame  (Read 2392 times)

2020-10-11, 21:53:24

graham2787

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi there,

I have a number of projects that I need to render 'final images' for. So essentially, whilst I often do these overnight on my laptop, there are a number of deadlines that have come at once so this isn't really an option.

A typical final image I do takes 8-9 hours on average which equates to about 100 passes.

I am not the most technical minded but as I understand it, the way online render farms work mean that it is really efficient time-wise for animations as each frame is effectively sent to different nodes so more than one frame can get rendered at once.

I am ideally looking for somewhere that I can get a single frame back within 30 mins approx. The two farms that I have tried are GarageFarm and RebusFarm. Both seem to work well for single frames and the cost is fairly similar.

I like how GarageFarm splits a single image into a number of strips and then composites automatically and thought I was onto a winner with this as the return was fairly quick. However the compositing doesn't work with the Bloom and Glare. The very helpful Tomas from their technical support said that the BloomGlare pass could be rendered separately and then composited in Photoshop, however the issue here is that the Bloom and Glare pass doesn't match what is visible in the beauty pass, which I found a bit odd and obviously not GarageFarms fault. But this makes it difficult when test renders in the VFB using the Bloom and Glare effects can't be replicated because of how the BloomGlare pass comes out.

In regards to RebusFarm - this worked well and a projected 9 hour render on my machine was returned in about 2 hours. This service was very easy to use and result was as expected, however the time is a bit longer than what I hoped for.

Maybe I am being overly ambitious, but I was just wondering if anyone knew of any render farms that have a quick turnaround on single images? I don't really have the time to do a trial and error of all the Farms listed on the Corona website, so it would be much appreciated if anyone has any first hand experience of ones that can achieve this quick turnaround. Ideally it would be one that has a plugin within 3DS Max 2020 like GarageFarm and Rebus Farm do.

Thanks very much in advance.

Graham

2020-10-12, 13:46:57
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Can you clarify about Bloom and Glare pass not matching the Beauty pass? Is this only with their renders, or happens locally? Would need to see examples of what is meant (and probably best if that is put in as a separate bug report or similar so that support and devs catch it). Cheers!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us