Author Topic: GOd rays + Smoke over ground with one Volumetric node  (Read 2311 times)

2020-10-08, 14:29:44

LP.

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

Just curious if this is possible to achieve God rays effect well above the round (~200') and a smoke layer (~2'-3') within once file (avoid pass/post work).

Thanks!

2020-10-08, 14:34:29
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes possible to achieve. I don't fully understand the question (well above the round, and the smoke layer), but assuming it means you want different layers of noise at different heights in the atmosphere, you just need to set up the geometry for each layer as the most intuitive way of doing it, and apply a CoronaVolumeMtl to each (probably a different material for each so you can control the settings independently).

(You could probably do it with the Global Env by using clever combinations of the Corona Distance shader, but I think the geometry approach would be the most manageable, intuitive, easy to control and visualize, etc.)

If you don't mean different layers at different heights in the atmosphere, let us know :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-10-08, 16:51:42
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Maybe this will help?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-10-08, 17:15:39
Reply #3

LP.

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Maru for detailed reply.  I will check this up and post here if I get this working.