Author Topic: Corona Renderer 7 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 175701 times)

2021-05-13, 12:08:25
Reply #345

hldemi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Guys,

When we can expect release candidate?

No pressure, just asking.

We can't even hazard a guess yet, since a major feature (tone mapping) is not even in a daily yet :) So that has to be in a daily, then it depends on bug reports or user feedback, then we will have a better idea of how much is still to be done before things could move to RC stage - but until then, who knows what bugs and user feedback there could be... maybe none all is perfect, maybe lots...

So, very much no way to put a date on an RC yet.

Tom, is tone mapping feature being actively worked on or is it still in a waiting phase. I would love to see some news about that

2021-05-13, 16:12:16
Reply #346

bluebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2021-05-13, 16:15:39
Reply #347

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Very much being actively worked on :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-05-13, 21:02:25
Reply #348

bluebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Very much being actively worked on :)

Pls gib ! We can't wait any longer to get our hands on it :D

2021-05-13, 21:19:04
Reply #349

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
:) As soon as all is working reliably and as intended, we will for sure get it into your hands!

2021-05-14, 17:41:54
Reply #350

annkos

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys, i just start trying Corona 7 last daily. One thing i have noticed is that in some models specifically on archmodels collection 171, when converting from CoronaLegacyMtl to the new CoronaPhysical material i have an issue with the refraction.  For some reason the guy that made the models had the refraction level 1 but the color black so even if in the legacy material that's not a problem and won't translate as glass, after the conversion to physical material it is a problem since the leaf looks like glass. As far as I can understand in the conversion takes into account only the refraction amount and not the legacy material refraction color. I hope that makes sense! 

2021-05-14, 19:09:59
Reply #351

M0ntana

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Will be OptiX (NVIDIA GPU AI denoiser 6.5.0) work with High Quality image filter? Thanks

2021-05-14, 19:21:35
Reply #352

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Will be OptiX (NVIDIA GPU AI denoiser 6.5.0) work with High Quality image filter? Thanks

No, as that would require NVIDIA to retrain their AI using the different type of noise pattern given by the High Quality Filtering.

2021-05-17, 13:14:54
Reply #353

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Another example of a complex scene in terms of materials. After the conversion, you will have to edit all the materials, since there is not a single hit. My cannon is bronze, the converter says it's not metal, but how does the system know where the metal is, where it's not metal, at the moment it can only be determined by a person. Different behavior of Glossiness and reflections. As a result, you need to tweak and optimize everything. With this quality and accuracy of the conversion, the question arises, and will it also work with Vray? Converting to physical material is a point function, but not as global as it is now.

God forbid if you release this converter to the masses like this, even with all the fixes, but I'm sure there will be a lot of headaches for people, many will not appreciate it.
Hi Feodor,

Would you be able to send us this scene also? We would need the scene in order to figure out what is going wrong here.

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2021-05-18, 01:16:33
Reply #354

selene

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys, i just start trying Corona 7 last daily. One thing i have noticed is that in some models specifically on archmodels collection 171, when converting from CoronaLegacyMtl to the new CoronaPhysical material i have an issue with the refraction.  For some reason the guy that made the models had the refraction level 1 but the color black so even if in the legacy material that's not a problem and won't translate as glass, after the conversion to physical material it is a problem since the leaf looks like glass. As far as I can understand in the conversion takes into account only the refraction amount and not the legacy material refraction color. I hope that makes sense!

Hello annkos, please could you provide us some of these models with the corresponding materials or create for us some reproduction case we might investigate?

2021-05-18, 04:39:51
Reply #355

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Devs,

Can i please make a relatively simple request if it isnt possible already?  So when creating proxies using built in script, when there is existing proxy files, it asks only to overrite - is it possible to add a function to 'use existing' from within that folder? 
If not can this somehow be added?  would be super helpful

2021-05-18, 12:21:19
Reply #356

JG_monomiru

• Active Users
  • JG
    • View Profile
    • www.gehrcken.de
after working with corona7 now for a while, i find it a bit odd, that you named the old/standard corona-material into CoronaLegacyMtl.
I constanlty run into errors with various scripts etc, that won't recognise coronaphysicalMtl which might became the new standard.

would prefer also for compatibility issues, that the old material would still be named without "legacy" ... as the differentiation is already done with the addition of "physical"...

also the new corona-converter is a a bit odd... as it only converts materials into the new physical-material... there seems no option converting it into the "older" legacy-material...at least not for the seleted objects i want to convert.

2021-05-18, 14:53:17
Reply #357

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
after working with corona7 now for a while, i find it a bit odd, that you named the old/standard corona-material into CoronaLegacyMtl.

Just to keep everything tidy, the continuation is here:
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=33253.0
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2021-05-18, 17:48:23
Reply #358

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
I constanlty run into errors with various scripts etc, that won't recognise coronaphysicalMtl which might became the new standard.

would prefer also for compatibility issues, that the old material would still be named without "legacy" ... as the differentiation is already done with the addition of "physical"...

Well, one of the reasons we chose to rename the materials was to prevent confusion :)

We renamed the old material to legacy to make it explicit in the UI that this is something that shouldn't be used in new projects and might be removed some time in the future. On the other hand the material should still be accessible from maxscript using the old CoronaMtl name. If you have some script that should work with the legacy material and doesn't work anymore, please send us the script and we'll take a look.

For similar reason we chose to name the new material CoronaPhysicalMtl instead of just reusing the CoronaMtl name to avoid any confusion with legacy scripts, tutorials, screenshots, etc. which would now refer to the new material which looks and behaves different.

2021-05-19, 20:15:08
Reply #359

bluebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just noticed you guys continue on the sky model with aerial perspective. Now we really want to test all those features together with improved tone mapping :D