Author Topic: Rendering Performance Suggestion  (Read 1775 times)

2020-09-06, 06:23:25

Byteman3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
I've been trying to catch a deadline waiting for an animation to finish for about a week. Currently each frame takes 67 seconds to finish and total expected rendering time is reported as 51 hours. I just thought what if I hide the exterior objects while the camera is inside, it should at least reduce some object preparation, and in the course of 2500 frames, even a 2 second gain matters.

I hid the objects and the rendering time is reduced down to 31 seconds. This is a serious gain.

It may not be possible but, an object visibility check after the camera motion is determined and auto hiding the occluded objects would drastically improve rendering time. If it can be done fast enough this might even improve the rendering times of still renders.

Regards

2020-09-07, 16:47:46
Reply #1

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
The big problem with this is reflections, if you have a window that shows reflections happening on the back of what the camera is showing this will cause some problems. its like the Itoo forest option, its there but the user must configure it.

2020-10-05, 17:11:56
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Same problem with, for example, shadows. You hide trees which are far away, shadows disappear. I don't think it will ever be possible to do such optimizations in an automatic way.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us