Author Topic: CXR Autosave  (Read 2151 times)

2020-07-29, 07:11:08

courtney985

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi.

The autosaving of CXR's seem to be system dependent.

Currently, if we do a render and auto save is turned on, it'll save a CXR into the folder we tell it to.

If a colleague needs to render something different on the same system; if autosave is still ticked, the CXR will be saved in the same folder and will overwrite existing CXR's.

Is there a way to have it set to scene dependent?

Thanks
tvดูบอลสด

2020-07-29, 09:54:42
Reply #1

NOOKTA

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.nookta.de
Hello Courtney,

I have the autosave option disabled but the "automatic saving on render end" enabled. Since the latter creates the filename via timestamp it will never be overwritten. So I can render several scenes, regions etc. on one system and have all the files ready. Only downside is that the file will be saved locally and not on a network.

It's not entirely what you are looking for, but could still help you out! At least until there is a better solution.

Best,
Ararat
www.nookta.de — architectural visualization based in germany
https://www.instagram.com/nookta_visualization/

2020-07-29, 12:03:02
Reply #2

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Is there a way to have it set to scene dependent?

Just press the "?" in the "Output autosave" group: you can define tokens. If the defined  filename would read for example "C:\temp\%f", the max file name would be part of the autosave file.

Edit: I just realized that some tokens are missing in the autosave token help, for example exactly that %f. Reporting it (#188837)

Good Luck

« Last Edit: 2020-07-29, 13:05:23 by Frood »
Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.