Author Topic: CXR Conversion in right click menu  (Read 5203 times)

2020-03-09, 11:09:44

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I made some registry keys that will allow you to add cxr conversions to your right click context menu and it saved a load of time. A little quality of life improvement!
It works per file and for a whole folder.

PREREQUISITES
Download the corona batch editor for your version from https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000030886-what-is-the-corona-image-editor-#batch
Download the zip attached to this post.

Instructions
You will be adding registry keys to your system. Its on you if you mess it up!

Open up the zip file and put the .bat files somewhere safe. I eventually put them in the corona program files folder so i wouldn't move them accidentally.
Then you need to open each batch file and edit the path to the corona image editor executable on your system.
Open up the .reg file in notepad and adjust the paths to the batch files to reflect wherever you placed them. Be careful not to delete any " or other characters.
Save the .reg file and double click it. Hit yes on both prompts.

You should now have context menu items in file explorer when you right click on CXR files as well as in folders. You can also select multiple cxr's and right click to convert.

Limitations
Don't have any periods in your folder names as that seems to cause issues.

Any other issues, post here and hopefully people with some more batch script knowledge can help!
To add further file formats you can open up the batch files and edit the output format, just make sure to add new keys in the .reg file and rename them.
Enjoy!
« Last Edit: 2020-03-09, 15:11:20 by Jpjapers »