Author Topic: Light material color affects the opacity when occlude is off?  (Read 2347 times)

2019-11-10, 01:01:41

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

Is this the correct behavior for "color" in Corona light material when "occlude other lights" is off?
I could swear that color was only affecting color and intensity, not opacity, in previous versions.

So, what you're seeing in this image is a gray color for "color". As you can see the sample turns transparent.
« Last Edit: 2019-11-10, 01:06:18 by lupaz »

2019-11-10, 08:35:39
Reply #1

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
With corona light the same behavior, even more with occlude other lights off it lights brighter

2019-11-11, 15:55:07
Reply #2

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
With corona light the same behavior, even more with occlude other lights off it lights brighter

Not sure I understand. So is this a bug or normal behavior?

2019-11-12, 11:13:58
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
It's the same in V4 and V5.
I guess the explanation is that if something doesn't occlude light, then it has to let light pass through it = is transparent.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-11-12, 15:48:19
Reply #4

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Maru.
I see a problem with this: Let's say I have a rectangle and I want it to emit more light in the center than on the sides with a gradient, but still be completely solid (no transparency). At the same time I don't want it to cast shadows.
It used to be easy with a gradient in color and turning "occlude" off. But now I can't.

2019-11-12, 17:07:43
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
It used to be easy with a gradient in color and turning "occlude" off. But now I can't.
What do you mean by "it used to be easy"? In which version? I just showed that it's the same in Corona 4 and 5.

In what exact situation do you need an object that emits light, is solid, and does not cast shadows?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-11-12, 17:33:13
Reply #6

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile

What do you mean by "it used to be easy"? In which version? I just showed that it's the same in Corona 4 and 5.

In what exact situation do you need an object that emits light, is solid, and does not cast shadows?

Oh. I thought you meant that it behaves like this since V4, but not before.

In what situation? for example the shade of a lamp. I want it to emit light more on the center and less as it goes to the borders up and down, to mimic the effect of a light bulb being on the center.
At the same time I don't want that shade to cast shadows on the inside of the lamp, nor I'd like it to look transparent where it's not 100% white in color.