Author Topic: In Corona Camera - Add checkbox to turn ON/OFF "Far clipping"  (Read 3216 times)

2019-09-06, 00:40:01

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I just spent a long time trying to figure out what was going on on my scene.

It turned out that the camera clipping was ON, and the far clipping wasn't far enough.
Please, please, please: Could you add a checkbox there for Far Clipping and set it in OFF by default?

Thanks!

2019-09-06, 14:07:23
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
There is a checkbox to enable or disable clipping altogether, and it is off by default. Not sure a separate checkbox for Far only would be of any use? Also, if I remember rightly, the Corona Camera is one of those objects that when you add a new one, certain parameters are taken from "the last one you created" which is why it may seem that it is not off by default. Can you try in a brand new empty scene, just to verify?
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-09-06, 14:59:22
Reply #2

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just to clarify, camera clipping is off by default. But currently, if I want only near clipping and not far, I need to set far clipping at 99999999.
If it's not too hard, it'd be great if it had a checkbox to disable it completely.

2019-09-06, 15:20:26
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for clarifying!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-09-06, 15:24:46
Reply #4

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
What's wrong with setting clipping to 9999? If there will be checkboxes for everything, people will start complaining that they forgot to set particular checkbox ON or OFF and the scene rendered not as expected.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-09-06, 16:56:09
Reply #5

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What's wrong with setting clipping to 9999? If there will be checkboxes for everything, people will start complaining that they forgot to set particular checkbox ON or OFF and the scene rendered not as expected.

What's wrong with setting a parameter at 99999999 to turn it off? I'd say it's far from ideal.
You also need to make sure it's at its maximum if you don't want to clip something by mistake.