Author Topic: Star Trek TMP Enterprise  (Read 2975 times)

2019-08-16, 18:00:52

Icodyne

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey everyone,

This is my model of the starship Enterprise from Star Trek the Motion Picture. I built it in 3ds Max and rendered it with Corona 3 Hotfix 2. Creating the pearlescent materials for this was a challenge, but Corona made it really fun and enjoyable. Please let me know what you think. Thanks for looking!
Please view my portfolio:
http://www.digitalvisualization.net

2019-08-17, 01:03:26
Reply #1

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Great stuff, you model way better than I do :) Qpla!
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2019-08-18, 22:55:02
Reply #2

evalery

• Active Users
  • play more
    • View Profile
    • evnvis
Hey everyone,

This is my model of the starship Enterprise from Star Trek the Motion Picture. I built it in 3ds Max and rendered it with Corona 3 Hotfix 2. Creating the pearlescent materials for this was a challenge, but Corona made it really fun and enjoyable. Please let me know what you think. Thanks for looking!

hi, so is this a test for learning/exercising? I mean if you really like sci-fi why don't you create your own spaceship?
Elena V Miller

2019-08-19, 08:59:26
Reply #3

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey everyone,

hi, so is this a test for learning/exercising? I mean if you really like sci-fi why don't you create your own spaceship?

Because it need sketches or sculpting abstract model and retopologize

2019-08-22, 22:27:12
Reply #4

evalery

• Active Users
  • play more
    • View Profile
    • evnvis

Because it need sketches or sculpting abstract model and retopologize
[/quote]

lol so it's too much work, right ...and why are you answering in his place?
Elena V Miller

2019-08-23, 13:42:58
Reply #5

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Just as a note, there are (last time I looked) communities dedicated to rendering Star Trek ships (at least, there was last time I looked), and while some are new designs, many in that community are all about modeling or rendering ships from the shows. Just a thing that floats people's boats, some people don't want to create something new, but want to recreate a favorite thing of theirs. Some of my very first renders were Star Trek ships, getting on for 25 years ago now (though it was a "variation" and not aimed to be anything specific from the shows).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-08-23, 18:40:26
Reply #6

evalery

• Active Users
  • play more
    • View Profile
    • evnvis
thanks, I knew that (I'm not from another planet) I did some fanart too, but i thought people here at the gallery only post original stuff usually.
Elena V Miller

2019-08-23, 18:41:37
Reply #7

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Well, it has to be original in that they created that image - the subject of the image doesn't have to be original, neither does the model (often purchased models are used). Rendering a movie starship is no different than rendering your favorite car :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us