Author Topic: VR Walk-through  (Read 11267 times)

2019-08-15, 16:59:59

crazyhow3

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm sure this is talked about bunches of times, but I need some help.

What are the best VR apps/programs to create a walk-through with Corona?

Are there any free ones? What are the advantages of the paid ones?

Are there any tutorials on how to use them and properly set up the renderings?

I am looking for something that is like theviewer.co but something that does not need a monthly subscription to keep the walkthrough on their servers. I don't mind paying but I want to be able to hand the walkthrough to the client and not have to worry about the subscription.

Thanks in advance

2019-08-15, 19:27:01
Reply #1

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Why are you calling 360 panoramic video VR?
Youtube is free ;)
Facebook also may showing 360 images

2019-08-15, 19:36:37
Reply #2

crazyhow3

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No, Im looking for a walkthrough where there can be more than one room and you can go from one room to the next.

2019-08-15, 21:19:35
Reply #3

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I thought you want video walk through. what you are looking is tour, it's a static image with player. Tour you can make with pano2vr or krpano, and host on any hosting site, i am not sure if it work with dropbox or google drive now to have transition to another panorama, it need access in script it depend how you are viewing it, but you may share on free host services i believe.

2019-08-15, 21:47:10
Reply #4

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I am not sure that either of those are VR though (that is, stereoscopic, and can be viewed on things such as Oculus, Google Cardboard, GearVR etc.) which I think is what they are looking for. Other than theConstruct, I am not familiar with any of the delivery services (rendering from Corona is the same for any service, so my experience with it ends there).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-08-15, 21:58:04
Reply #5

crazyhow3

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks, Tom, I am looking for something that is stereoscopic.
Did you take a look at theviewer.co? I am looking for that, just not their hosting service.

2019-08-16, 11:05:12
Reply #6

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
I am not sure that either of those are VR though (that is, stereoscopic, and can be viewed on things such as Oculus, Google Cardboard, GearVR etc.)
Thanks, Tom, I am looking for something that is stereoscopic.
With Version 1.19, krpano supports stereoscopic VR and their Tour examples demo the needed tour capability,
Pano2VR supports stereo as well, as outlined in their tutorial.

I got an Oculus Quest this week actually. Totally recommend it for a wireless showcase for clients on site.
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2019-08-16, 14:46:00
Reply #7

crazyhow3

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you SairesArt. Do have any personal experience using either of those two softwares? They both seem pretty complicated to figure out.

2019-08-16, 19:38:30
Reply #8

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If you want to do an actual VR walkthrough take a look at Datasmith and Unreal Engine.

2019-08-19, 12:00:35
Reply #9

naikku

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I found this (free):
https://www.marzipano.net/ (free)
Easy to create a walk thru from 360-images, note that they are not stereoscopic.
When you are done, it will export an html-package, unzip and run or upload to a server.
If you have knowledge of CSS you can modify many things.

https://www.deemec.com/vr/aamuposti/

We also use theViewer. (costs but has quite good things, online-sharing, shared experience etc)

But to be clear :) I think the ultimate best would be an APP you install to Oculus GO, you upload stereoscopic images there which
has hotspots to move around. Stream to TV would be nice. I´d think I wouldn't need anything else.
It is possible to view images on Oculus go standard image viewer but it wont load the hotspot-data. You change the image by swipe with your finger.

2019-08-19, 17:42:38
Reply #10

crazyhow3

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks naikku
What is the name of the app for the oculus go?

2019-08-20, 09:02:59
Reply #11

naikku

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What is the name of the app for the oculus go?
There is that default app for viewing images, it can open 360 stereoscopic images, for example renderings.
You need to change the image with a swipe with your thumb.
It cant read / understand any warp data. Would be nice if it could.