Author Topic: Corona License and DR  (Read 23045 times)

2019-07-25, 05:01:40

datadrains

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Guys and Gals just a question regarding the license corona render 4 can I activate this on the Corona render 3, coz currently my project is done with corona 3 and we are having issues migrating this to corona 4.

and also we have 3WS+3nodes how many DR server can we use?

Thanks in advance

2019-07-25, 14:20:22
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
You can reinstall Corona 3, and the license will work (for any Corona version, in fact).

It would be good if you posted the issues you are having with conversion, btw. There could be solutions, or it could be something needs fixing, but would be good to know what the problems are (as we try very hard to make sure projects from previous versions will render in newer versions without problems).

Do you mean you have three times 1 WS + 3 nodes? If so, then with DR that could be 1 master machine and 11 render slaves if you also use the other workstations as render slaves in DR; or 9 slaves if you just use the render nodes (because the other 2 workstations are still being used as workstations when rendering to DR and you don't want to slow them down :) ).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-07-25, 18:36:32
Reply #2

datadrains

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi TomG,

Its nice you replied to my post, its a good news its a open license for lower version.

We are currently rendering a animation thats why we dont want to sacrifice if something goes wrong with migrating to Cr4 and of course the deadline.

We’ll try to post issues that we encounter and possible solution we made. As of now our main problem is how to setup and settings to make the render shorter. Ea HD caches etc etc. it is a little bit different from vray coz in vray we can pre compute light casch and irradiance versus in corona only HD casche only.

On the DR server ill try to have a clean install next week as soon as we got the confirmation.