Author Topic: Phoenix FD splash support?  (Read 2548 times)

2019-07-11, 12:30:07

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We are currently evaluating Phoenix FD for use with some water features. I know Corona doesnt support the foam feature but does that also extend to the splashes feature which is in a separate roll out? When we come to render we get a Corona warning saying Corona doesnt support foam but we thought that was a different thing to splashes? We havent done any special set up in corona to materialise the splashes or in phoenix so maybe we need to do something there? Corona looks like it supports other particle effects in Phoenix so I'm hoping its just a set up issue.

Using the latest Corona 4 and Phoenix FD

Thanks

2019-07-11, 16:09:09
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
AFAIK Phoenix uses the same particle shader for foam and splashes, so both are unsupported. We will check it and get back to you with a definite answer.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-07-11, 17:22:38
Reply #2

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Maru

By the way why phoenix ocean map hidden in incompatible list if it work well with displacement?

2019-07-12, 16:03:50
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
By the way why phoenix ocean map hidden in incompatible list if it work well with displacement?
It should be listed as compatible in Corona 4 (checked here and it's fine).

2019-07-13, 23:46:01
Reply #4

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Maru. Hopefully they will get support soon. Finding some of the Phoenix sims quite slow so maybe v4 will have everything when that comes out.

2019-07-15, 11:02:53
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Thanks Maru. Hopefully they will get support soon. Finding some of the Phoenix sims quite slow so maybe v4 will have everything when that comes out.
Just to clarify: I meant Corona Renderer 4, which is already out: https://corona-renderer.com/blog/corona-renderer-4-for-3ds-max-released/
So I was not able to reproduce your issue with the Ocean map not being listed.

2019-07-16, 11:26:10
Reply #6

hrvojezg00

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.as-soba.com
Any info when foam and splashes shader will be supported?

Just to clarify: I meant Corona Renderer 4, which is already out: https://corona-renderer.com/blog/corona-renderer-4-for-3ds-max-released/
So I was not able to reproduce your issue with the Ocean map not being listed.