Author Topic: free experimental scene with caustics in corona4  (Read 18301 times)

2019-08-23, 18:36:23
Reply #15

evalery

• Active Users
  • play more
    • View Profile
    • evnvis
OK, thank you!
Elena V Miller

2019-08-29, 14:55:56
Reply #16

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi Evalery, we checked your scenes in the newest daily build (27.08.2019) and according to our findings, there is huge improvement. You can get it here: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000570015
It would be great if you could test it and let us know about your results.
Thanks a lot for your feedback so far!

Check this out:
https://corona-renderer.com/comparer/Qx6tyC

Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-09-01, 20:24:36
Reply #17

evalery

• Active Users
  • play more
    • View Profile
    • evnvis
wow, thanks a lot. It looks like a huge improvement, yes. I'll try it.
Thanks a lot for the hard work guys!

cheers,
V
Elena V Miller

2019-09-09, 12:57:16
Reply #18

evalery

• Active Users
  • play more
    • View Profile
    • evnvis
thanks guys, i also realised that ticking the box to 'generate caustics from the environment' was not helping at all as the main light to generate caustics is corona sun
Elena V Miller

2019-10-22, 15:23:54
Reply #19

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
so i tried again to render the scene with the glass (from the beginning of the thread) with some changes of materials and lighting, i mean simplifying it and i had a funny error (attached)

Hi Evalery,

Do you mind if we share this scene with Autodesk? We have found a strange occasional crash in this scene and it seems to be caused by the gradient texture in it.

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2019-10-22, 20:09:01
Reply #20

evalery

• Active Users
  • play more
    • View Profile
    • evnvis
so i tried again to render the scene with the glass (from the beginning of the thread) with some changes of materials and lighting, i mean simplifying it and i had a funny error (attached)

Hi Evalery,

Do you mind if we share this scene with Autodesk? We have found a strange occasional crash in this scene and it seems to be caused by the gradient texture in it.

Thanks,

Rowan

Hi Rowan,

Yes, sure please share it, it's absolutely OK. Can you please then let me know what was the problem with the gradient, I'm just curious.

Thanks,
Cheers,
V

Elena V Miller

2019-10-23, 09:58:03
Reply #21

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

Thank you. The problem with the gradient texture is a strange one, if it recieves a specific value from Corona it causes a crash.

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2019-10-24, 13:07:08
Reply #22

evalery

• Active Users
  • play more
    • View Profile
    • evnvis
Hi again,

I did another quick test in the same scene but changed the colours of the gradient and the colours of the materials, plus the camera angle and a few other tweaks but nothing major. So the gradient material didn't crash with changes of colours within the gradient map, did you refer to other changes when it crashed?

I am still using the daily builds from 10 october because I did a test with the Corona 5 candidate 1 and I thought I had better results with the previous versions in terms of noise. I don't really know why.
Anyway, this is a quick test quite lowres but i thought i got nice results in terms of the caustics now.

I can upload this version of the max scene if it helps.

thanks,
cheers,
V
Elena V Miller