Author Topic: Corona Renderer 5 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 60449 times)

2019-09-20, 15:39:33
Reply #135

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Nvidia doesn't want that you would sit on that old card for too long :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-09-20, 16:55:25
Reply #136

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Nvidia doesn't want that you would sit on that old card for too long :]
That is just major league bullshit. I honestly don't get it. Optix performed so well on my card, why would you poop on your customers so hard?
I hope someone comes along to reset the GPU monopoly, like it happened with Ryzen crushing Intel's offerings this generation.
I'll go for an AMD GPU next time, just out of principle =.=
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2019-09-22, 07:38:30
Reply #137

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi team, do you have any plans to make some kind of connector to unreal engine, like vray has one.

2019-09-23, 10:26:53
Reply #138

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Hi team, do you have any plans to make some kind of connector to unreal engine, like vray has one.

Well, definitely not in v5 daily builds ;) Other than that we don't have any plans to support Unreal engine in the near future.

2019-09-23, 10:35:31
Reply #139

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Besides fully functional render to texture, what other support can be there? Just wondering.

2019-09-23, 12:07:13
Reply #140

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Besides fully functional render to texture, what other support can be there? Just wondering.

Vray basically implemented 'itself' in Unreal. But I don't know...it's strange solution, the only benefit is that you can use Unreal also as 3dsMax scene manipulation alternative, it doesn't enhance the actual Unreal output, just enables you to output both (Vray raytraced or Unreal native) outputs.

As long as datasmith can interpret and translate every Corona feature correctly, there isn't much need from Corona devs to do anything. But I didn't test it.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2019-09-23, 12:18:58
Reply #141

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Sounds interesting, but at the same time very limiting. AFAIK Unreal doesn't have any modelling tools, so you still need some dedicated content creation app.

2019-09-23, 17:08:22
Reply #142

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
About that "dancing windows" issue, which is not related to V5 dailies, but kinda is:
Did you guys report this in another forum thread, or over at support? https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new
What's your RAM usage when it happens?
Do you have newest GPU drivers installed?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-09-24, 02:25:53
Reply #143

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Vray basically implemented 'itself' in Unreal. But I don't know...it's strange solution, the only benefit is that you can use Unreal also as 3dsMax scene manipulation alternative, it doesn't enhance the actual Unreal output, just enables you to output both (Vray raytraced or Unreal native) outputs.

As long as datasmith can interpret and translate every Corona feature correctly, there isn't much need from Corona devs to do anything. But I didn't test it.
I didn't try it but I read you can bake the lighting with Vray inside Unreal which should be faster and better than the inbuilt Unreal GI solution.

2019-09-24, 10:35:23
Reply #144

1equals2

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Posible solutions to the "dancing windows" issue:

I am dual xeon v4 user and experienced  this for quite a long time.
Had sent several scenes as well,  and when rendering experienced the following(regardless Vray or Corona): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1T4b851mAo25nYC4vSm9dmOGlub0RpZXW?usp=sharing
Managed to find temporary "silly"solution which worked for me most of the time --> switch user accounts couple of times, until 3ds max returns to proper behaviour.
Was doing this repetitive, laborious  taks for so long that stop paying attention.

In the middle of Summer finally found a  solution, which works, at least in my case - update to win 10 1903. Was using 1803 prior to the update.
Downloaded latest Nvidia drivers, removed the  windows ones, and installed the latest manually, Not via the Nvidia Installer. Actually I was not able to properly install Nvidia drivers with their automatic installer prior to manually doing it.
After doing those two ---> no more flashing, flickering, etc, or switching between user accounts.

Upgraded RAM  in the meantime, but believe the flashing was more of a software compatibility issue.

« Last Edit: 2019-09-24, 10:39:32 by 1equals2 »
Other places to find the work of Angel Kostov
https://www.instagram.com/1equals2/
https://www.behance.net/ARCHO

2019-09-26, 20:20:01
Reply #145

The Pixel Artist

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • The Pixel Artist Illustration
Did you try a complete uninstall and reinstall of Corona?
Yes, twice. Complete uninstall before trying daily-2019-08-27 and daily-2019-09-16.
I double checked, that the old denoiser was gone and the installer did also redownload the denoiser.

When I downgraded to daily-2019-08-07 I did not reinstall and it worked.
tl;dr recap:
Newest Nvidia Driver -> "Error, expected Optix 6.0.0, but you have 6.5.0"
Driver 418.81 -> "Error as posted here"

I'm also the owner of a GTX 770 and having this this exact same issue today after updating to daily-2019-09-20 from daily-2019-08-27.

I did try uninstalling it and went back to the 2019-08-27 build, but same problem still.  Optix seems corrupted now.  I then did a windows restore point from yesterday along with a full uninstall/reinstall of corona and still the same problem.  I seems I've really screwed up by installing this latest daily build!!

I'm going to try uninstalling graphics driver next and see if I can reinstall a previous Nvidia driver.  Fyi, I'm running Win7 Pro, using 3ds Max 2016, and have two GTX 770s in this machine.  I did update my graphics driver a couple days ago to the current 436.30 version and but everything was running fine until I updated to daily-2019-09-20 in morning.

I'll also mention that I do also use Thearender for Sketchup, which does make use of Optix as well.  If that makes any difference or not.

Update:  Well, fully uninstalled Nvidia graphics drivers and went back to 436.15 version along with reinstalled daily-2019-08-27 and still same error!  Nvidia de-noising is completely broke and I have no idea what to do at this point.  Any help would sure be appreciated.
« Last Edit: 2019-09-26, 20:59:35 by The Pixel Artist »
Adrian Alan Brown
The Pixel Artist Illustration
www.thepixelartist.com
Behance Gallery: https://www.behance.net/thepixelartist

2019-09-26, 21:25:39
Reply #146

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
@The Pixel Artist, i'm affraid i have bad news for you, apparently Nvidia has dropped optix support for your card: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=25036.msg156254#msg156254

2019-09-26, 21:43:55
Reply #147

The Pixel Artist

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@The Pixel Artist, i'm affraid i have bad news for you, apparently Nvidia has dropped optix support for your card: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=25036.msg156254#msg156254

I did read that, but what I don't understand is it was working fine before I installed daily-2019-09-20 and I already had the latest 436.30 driver installed.  I also just checked Thea and it's Optix denoising is still working fine.

So, is it Nvidia or Corona that is dropping support for older 700 series cards?  What exactly did daily-2019-09-20 do to break things and what files maybe need to be removed to get the previous daily-2019-08-27 building working again?

Update:  Just FYI, I was able to get things working again and back to the daily-2019-08-27 build.  I had to uninstall Corona again and then manually delete every left over Corona file/folder I could find on my system (you guys really leave a lot of files after an uninstall).

I also deleted the OptixCache files found under ...Roaming/NVIDIA/OptixCache.  Then installed Corona 4 HF1 and everything was working.  Then update my graphics driver back to 436.30, updated Corona to the daily-2019-08-27 build, and still working fine.  Obviously not going to be installing any new daily builds for a while.  I do hope you guys find a way to offer backwards compatibility if that is the problem.

Update 2: Nope, I'm wrong, it's not working with daily-2019-08-27.  Forgot I had it on the Intel denoiser when I first opened daily-2019-08-27 and hit render.  So still broke with 5 dailies.  But Corona 4 HF1 was work ok.  Really sucks too as Ver 5 was really rendering my scene much, much faster it seemed.
« Last Edit: 2019-09-26, 23:18:10 by The Pixel Artist »
Adrian Alan Brown
www.thepixelartist.com

2019-09-27, 10:32:45
Reply #148

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
So, is it Nvidia or Corona that is dropping support for older 700 series cards?  What exactly did daily-2019-09-20 do to break things and what files maybe need to be removed to get the previous daily-2019-08-27 building working again?
Nvidia released Optix 6.x.x, this version dropped support for the kepler architecture (GTX Titan 1st gen, GTX 6xx and GTX 7xx).
The Corona Team probably missed this and updated corona's 5.x.x version to 6.x.x, killing support.

Now it's up to the Corona team to either detect the presence of a kepler card and / or allow an option download for the 5.x.x version of Optix or just stick to Optix 6.x.x exclusively and make me a very sad panda :[
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2019-09-27, 20:41:49
Reply #149

The Pixel Artist

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Nvidia released Optix 6.x.x, this version dropped support for the kepler architecture (GTX Titan 1st gen, GTX 6xx and GTX 7xx).
The Corona Team probably missed this and updated corona's 5.x.x version to 6.x.x, killing support.

Now it's up to the Corona team to either detect the presence of a kepler card and / or allow an option download for the 5.x.x version of Optix or just stick to Optix 6.x.x exclusively and make me a very sad panda :[

Yeah, that's unfortunately to read.  I'm certainly due for an updated GFX card, but was really hoping hold out a bit longer. I do hope the Corona team can provide an alternate solution as you've mentioned.

In the meantime, I was able to go back to the daily-2019-08-07 build at least.  That must have been what I was actually using prior to updating to the 9-20 build.
Adrian Alan Brown
www.thepixelartist.com