Author Topic: Corona Renderer 5 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 62125 times)

2019-09-06, 17:10:28
Reply #105

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi, i hava a question / report, after the latest 3dsmax 2020 update some features of 4.1 hotfix arent working as it suppose to, for example, you can see the hdri sky on viewport but when corona map select is applied the hdri seems to be flipped on the viewport but it renders ok, the seccond thing ive notie is that i cant seem to be able to see the map from a back plane with corona light material applied, have tried all combinations with no luck, it looks black, havent tested with daily build.

2019-09-13, 09:32:41
Reply #106

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
hi, i hava a question / report, after the latest 3dsmax 2020 update some features of 4.1 hotfix arent working as it suppose to, for example, you can see the hdri sky on viewport but when corona map select is applied the hdri seems to be flipped on the viewport but it renders ok, the seccond thing ive notie is that i cant seem to be able to see the map from a back plane with corona light material applied, have tried all combinations with no luck, it looks black, havent tested with daily build.

Hi,

Was this working before the last Max 2020 update?

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2019-09-13, 09:37:42
Reply #107

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I have just installed the latest build, and the viewport render selection is not working as it should. Randomly chooses to render or not while no indication of the render time or noise levels is provided. It literally showing blank space.

Hi,

This seems to be working as it should for me, do you have a specific scene where this issue is occuring? If not, can you provide me with some more specific reproduction steps?

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2019-09-13, 18:34:41
Reply #108

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Hi,

well no, actually no, the new update sets the map used on the environment slot as background automatically, it never happened before, its one of those things that you notice when it happens but for sure, the background as corona select textmap appears to be flipped on viewport

Thanks,

Rowan

2019-09-16, 14:44:15
Reply #109

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

Hi,

Thanks,

Rowan
well no, actually no, the new update sets the map used on the environment slot as background automatically, it never happened before, its one of those things that you notice when it happens but for sure, the background as corona select textmap appears to be flipped on viewport

Hi,

Okay, so the first issue we are aware of, it seems that HDRI's are rotated 90 degrees in the viewport when used with certain maps as reported here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=24948.0

The second issue, can you provide some more details?
cant seem to be able to see the map from a back plane with corona light material applied,
Can you not see the map in the render or the viewport or both?

Thanks,

Rowan.

(Just a reminder, this thread is mainly for discussing the v5 daily builds. For issues with other versions of Corona please use the Bug Reporting board and remember, one issue per report :-) )
Send me your scene!

2019-09-16, 18:02:58
Reply #110

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Hi,

Thanks,

Rowan

Hi,

Okay, so the first issue we are aware of, it seems that HDRI's are rotated 90 degrees in the viewport when used with certain maps as reported here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=24948.0

The second issue, can you provide some more details?
cant seem to be able to see the map from a back plane with corona light material applied,
Can you not see the map in the render or the viewport or both?

Thanks,

Rowan.

(Just a reminder, this thread is mainly for discussing the v5 daily builds. For issues with other versions of Corona please use the Bug Reporting board and remember, one issue per report :-) )

viewport most of the times

VK

2019-09-17, 04:53:06
Reply #111

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Can anyone please do anything about the VFB dancing all around in most times when I rneder while rendering or IR, especially when I have both my 4K screens on?it is very similar to
except many times fster dancing and flickering.
this is driving me nuts every day I have to force close max many times makes me lose so much time!!!
Anyone else having this???

2019-09-17, 10:08:51
Reply #112

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Can anyone please do anything about the VFB dancing all around in most times when I rneder while rendering or IR, especially when I have both my 4K screens on?it is very similar to
this is driving me nuts every day I have to force close max many times makes me lose so much time!!!

Sorry, but how is this related to Corona v5 daily builds?

2019-09-17, 13:50:22
Reply #113

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging

Sorry, but how is this related to Corona v5 daily builds?

Hi!

I have the same exact problem! My colleague who has the same HW configuration hasn't any till now.

It's almost 3 months I occasionally have this strange issue but is very curious you're not having it with Corona but with another rendering engine!!!
Do you use the plugin Forest from iToo Software? I've noticed that I get thoses flashes and flickerings specially by using Forest.

Thanks,

Dionysios -

PS. Probably is the wrong forum to post your problem here but on the other side I finally found somebody having it as well....

2019-09-17, 15:29:56
Reply #114

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Hi!

I have the same exact problem! My colleague who has the same HW configuration hasn't any till now.

It's almost 3 months I occasionally have this strange issue but is very curious you're not having it with Corona but with another rendering engine!!!
Do you use the plugin Forest from iToo Software? I've noticed that I get thoses flashes and flickerings specially by using Forest.

Thanks,

Dionysios -

PS. Probably is the wrong forum to post your problem here but on the other side I finally found somebody having it as well....

I used to have this issue all of the time (along with the CPU downclocking randomly after a while - not related to thermal throttling, and FTH was disabled). The only fix was to disable any Intel Speedstep/C-state power saving options in the bios.
Vray who?

2019-09-17, 17:28:51
Reply #115

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging

Hi!

Thanks,

Dionysios -

I used to have this issue all of the time (along with the CPU downclocking randomly after a while - not related to thermal throttling, and FTH was disabled). The only fix was to disable any Intel Speedstep/C-state power saving options in the bios.

Thanks for the info! I'll try to check my settings in the BIOS then.

Dionysios -

2019-09-18, 08:14:33
Reply #116

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am having it with CORONA not VRAY
I am havign it at home with Threadripper
At work I have intel it is fine I never have it
Corona has been doign this for almost a year on two different threadrippers 1950X and now 2990WX
If it was Vray I would go to Vray support
I am having it right now
basically every night I have to go through and waste half an hour to an hour on this
been patient for a year now
excuse the anger

2019-09-18, 10:48:49
Reply #117

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
I am having it with CORONA not VRAY
I am havign it at home with Threadripper
At work I have intel it is fine I never have it
Corona has been doign this for almost a year on two different threadrippers 1950X and now 2990WX
If it was Vray I would go to Vray support
I am having it right now
basically every night I have to go through and waste half an hour to an hour on this
been patient for a year now
excuse the anger

I think more and more people have this and would be very useful to understand why is happening! It slows down my workflow as well... :(

2019-09-18, 16:49:03
Reply #118

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi ihabkal,

I can understand the frustration but it is very difficult for us to investigate and fix something if we are unable to reproduce it.

Secondly, please can you create a topic on Bug Reporting for this, rather than flood the daily builds thread? As this is not specifically related to the daily builds.

Thanks,

Rowan

Send me your scene!

2019-09-18, 17:03:42
Reply #119

Fluss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've encountered the flickering windows issue a long time ago (max 2017) and it appears randomly since then,only with corona, no matter the version. Never figured out what was causing the issue.