Author Topic: Corona Renderer 5 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 61868 times)

2019-10-14, 01:13:24
Reply #180

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Corona team

I had this problem  (Failed to initialize NVIDIA denoiser) before and this time i screen captured it - i am using a GTX 1080 and latest corona daily - i followed the steps in the link to no avail.

EDIT:

I worked it out - i had nvidia denoiser download alongside the corona installer and it appears to be an older one.  So i deleted it and it downloaded it automatically during the installation.
« Last Edit: 2019-10-14, 01:24:28 by shortcirkuit »

2019-10-14, 01:28:51
Reply #181

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi corona team - me again.

Ok so for the new displacement - please see attached.  I'm getting these weird black artifacts when i converted to the new displacement- any ideas?

2019-10-14, 09:07:35
Reply #182

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Hi corona team - me again.

Ok so for the new displacement - please see attached.  I'm getting these weird black artifacts when i converted to the new displacement- any ideas?

Unfortunately we won't be able to help you just based on the screenshots. Could you please send us the scene for investigation? See my signature for how you can do it.

2019-10-14, 10:15:05
Reply #183

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi Corona team

I had this problem  (Failed to initialize NVIDIA denoiser) before and this time i screen captured it - i am using a GTX 1080 and latest corona daily - i followed the steps in the link to no avail.

EDIT:

I worked it out - i had nvidia denoiser download alongside the corona installer and it appears to be an older one.  So i deleted it and it downloaded it automatically during the installation.

Hi,

I'm glad you managed to fix it. It was noted in the changelog that this needed to be done for the new version of the denoiser.. https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=25035.msg154963#msg154963

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2019-10-14, 10:17:59
Reply #184

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I'm getting these weird black artifacts when i converted to the new displacement- any ideas?

Are you using latest build (2019-10-10)? These artifacts were present in earlier builds, but they should be fixed by now.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-10-14, 11:17:54
Reply #185

bluebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Unable to install latest daily. Have the exact same problem as in post #176

This happens if you still have old Corona/RenderLegion/ChaosCz DLLs in your max root directory. The latest daily installer should fix this. You can also delete them manually (all Legion*.dll and Corona*.dll, and ScatterCore.dll).

No idea what I should remove. Cant find any of the files you mention in my max root.

How do I proceed ?

Any help on this issue ?

2019-10-14, 11:20:47
Reply #186

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yep using the latest daily

I'm getting these weird black artifacts when i converted to the new displacement- any ideas?

Are you using latest build (2019-10-10)? These artifacts were present in earlier builds, but they should be fixed by now.

2019-10-14, 13:24:37
Reply #187

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Yep using the latest daily

Hi,

Please can you send us the scene ASAP? We would like to investigate it.

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2019-10-14, 17:35:53
Reply #188

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Any help on this issue ?

Sorry for the delay! Next time please remember that you can contact us here - https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new
Support is the more "official" communication channel compared to the forum.

Try this:
Go to your 3ds Max installation directory (e.g. C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2020).
Use the Windows search feature.
Enter the following one by one and search for those files:
Legion*
Corona*
ScatterCore*

If anything is found - remove those files. Remember it is best to move files to trash bin instead of removing them completely, so that you can restore them if needed.

Once the cleaning is done (i.e. after you have removed all of the above files from your 3ds Max folder), try installing the newest version again.

If that does not seem to help, please contact us using the link I shared above and if needed we will have a Team Viewer session.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-10-14, 19:55:42
Reply #189

bluebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for getting back Marcin.
I purged all Corona files using Comodo programs manager (monitors what files are installed and where during program installation) to make sure nothing is left, so no registry entries etc. were left.
Then I did a clean install of RC5. Installer reported that the installation was successful but the problem remained. The exact same error on max open pops up and Corona does not work.

I tried installing it manually but to no success.

Any idea what else I could try ?

2019-10-15, 14:10:08
Reply #190

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Which version of windows are you using? Could you ensure it is up to date?

Secondly did you already submit a support ticket?

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2019-10-15, 14:24:28
Reply #191

Kar ma

• Users
    • View Profile
Not sure if this is an issue on my end, but when I try to merge objects into the scene with corona IR running, 3ds max crashes. Its working fine when interactive rendering is turned off. Reinstalling corona did not solve the issue.

2019-10-15, 14:30:21
Reply #192

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Not sure if this is an issue on my end, but when I try to merge objects into the scene with corona IR running, 3ds max crashes. Its working fine when interactive rendering is turned off. Reinstalling corona did not solve the issue.

Hi,

We are aware of this issue, this has been reported already many times on the forums and we are looking into it.

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2019-10-15, 16:16:02
Reply #193

bluebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Which version of windows are you using? Could you ensure it is up to date?

Secondly did you already submit a support ticket?

Thanks,

Rowan

Hey there Rowan,
system is Win 7 Professional SP1
We just reported the issue via Helpdesk link provided by Maru. Don't have the ticket number - we overlooked that one has to register first to be able to check the ticket status.

2019-10-16, 10:41:13
Reply #194

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey there Rowan,
system is Win 7 Professional SP1
We just reported the issue via Helpdesk link provided by Maru. Don't have the ticket number - we overlooked that one has to register first to be able to check the ticket status.

Hi,

Okay I will let the support guys handle this through our helpdesk then.

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!