Author Topic: Double clicking and drop downs closing in render panel  (Read 4505 times)

2018-12-18, 17:03:32

davemahi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • iamstatic
If you open up the Render Setup window, the first time you try to select and option ie: change from "Single" to "Active Time Segment". The first click does not register, and you have to then press the button again. This happens in all Tabs, what ever you select does not work the first time.
Drop down menus also open and then close right away until you second click to open them.

Once you go through this double click procedure then the buttons start to work normal. But if you close and open the Render Setup Window again the problem is back.

This has led to many user errors at the studio where people think they have clicked an option but it did not register. Couple that with how many extra clicks in one day a lighter and render person will have to endure. This is literally making us loose our minds.

I have been told by the Max Devs this is because Corona is not using a QT UI for the Render panel. Is this up to the Corona Devs to fix?

2018-12-18, 17:30:48
Reply #1

Giona

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
  • 3D - MTB - Photography
    • View Profile
    • Giona Andreani 3D Visualization

2018-12-18, 17:39:55
Reply #2

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Is this for Max > = 2018 or Max >= 2017? I can only confirm for 2018 but have no 2017 to test. 2016 seems to be unaffected.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2018-12-18, 19:08:21
Reply #3

davemahi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • iamstatic
It is for Max 2018 - 2019 as far as I know. I don't have 2017 installed.

But I do know, that it is going to be up to Corona Devs to fix apparently.

2018-12-18, 23:44:01
Reply #4

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It is for Max 2018 - 2019 as far as I know. I don't have 2017 installed.

But I do know, that it is going to be up to Corona Devs to fix apparently.
max 2017 not have this problem, i hope:)
Was checking it on 2017 and always Ok/

2019-02-07, 10:34:41
Reply #5

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

I've looked into this today and I can confirm it's pretty annoying...

I have reported it into our system so we can investigate it further.

Thanks,

Rowan

(Internal ID=316789917)
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2019-02-07, 10:46:36
Reply #6

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
From what I know - the renderer related tabs of the render dialog have to be taken care of by the 3rd party renderer devs, that's correct. However, the general tab with the main setting is up to Autodesk to port over to Qt which still hasn't happened. Means that even if Corona devs update their UI code, that first tab will still have this issue.
But either way, it IS annoying, I still haven't got used to this weeks after switching to 2018.

2019-03-07, 10:23:34
Reply #7

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

We have investigated this, it is also happening with other renderers if selected in the render setup menu.

So unfortunately this is an issue with 3ds Max and we are unable to fix it from our side.

I apologise for not being able to provide you with a solution to this :(

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2019-03-07, 20:36:03
Reply #8

iancamarillo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i thought i heard this might be a windows 10 error?

2019-03-07, 21:40:40
Reply #9

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
It wouldn't be surprising at all. Like that dragging spinner over the screen edge bug that happens only in win10.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2019-03-08, 14:00:52
Reply #10

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

It also happens on older Windows versions. I have tested on 8.1 and 7, and the behaviour is not identical but it's very similar.
On these versions the first click doesn't do anything at all on the dropdowns or text boxes.

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2019-03-08, 14:40:46
Reply #11

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

We have investigated this, it is also happening with other renderers if selected in the render setup menu.

So unfortunately this is an issue with 3ds Max and we are unable to fix it from our side.

I apologise for not being able to provide you with a solution to this :(

Thanks,

Rowan

Which Max versions did you test? Also, you need to check the renderer specific tabs, not the general tabs.
I just tested this and it IS fixed in ART and Arnold in Max 2018.4 and 2019.3, Scanline is not fixed and has the same problem.

General tabs like 'Common' and 'Render Elements' will need to be fixed by Autodesk, that's true. Any renderer related tabs need to be fixed by the renderer developers. That's why ART and Arnold don't have this problem, their UIs were converted to Qt some time after 2017 I guess.

In any case, Autodesk can not fix Corona related tabs, it is up to you to take care of this.

2019-03-08, 17:15:15
Reply #12

fraine7

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It wouldn't be surprising at all. Like that dragging spinner over the screen edge bug that happens only in win10.

This is so annoying, moving any object usually requires 4 or 5 attempts, once goes way too far, then I undo, the 2nd time doesn't go far enough etc. etc.

If only we could move the spinner boxes as we can with most other UI areas

2019-03-08, 20:09:35
Reply #13

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile

This is so annoying, moving any object usually requires 4 or 5 attempts, once goes way too far, then I undo, the 2nd time doesn't go far enough etc. etc.

If only we could move the spinner boxes as we can with most other UI areas

If you want to have a window for the transforms, hit F12... is that what you're looking for?

2019-03-11, 14:23:31
Reply #14

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

We'll carry on looking into this, I'll speak to the dev team again and see what can be done.

Thanks for your patience :)

Rowan
Send me your scene!