Author Topic: Large Carpark Modeling  (Read 1392 times)

2018-08-14, 09:20:59

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
Morning
I do a lot of industrial ,pharma work, and carparks are always in there somewhere.

I generally models everything.
I noticed a lot of people paint the Asphalt, and lines, but for the closer up view  example from the carpark at eye level is this good enough do you think.

I would love to hear other peoples work flow.
Thank you

Phil
Dell Precision T7910

2018-08-14, 10:34:25
Reply #1

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. I'm finding myself using the Corona Distance-map more and more for this kind of things. You can it in the bump slot as well, to give some height to the lines.

2018-08-14, 13:59:26
Reply #2

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. I'm finding myself using the Corona Distance-map more and more for this kind of things. You can it in the bump slot as well, to give some height to the lines.

What an incredibly good idea. Could you elaborate?

2018-08-14, 18:51:37
Reply #3

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
- place splines where you want your lines. If your terrain is uneven then extrude the splines so it touches the ground all the way.
- use the splines as distance objects in a distance-map, and use the distance-map as the mix amount in a Corona mix-map.
- use mix, overlay or whatever gives the desired result. If needed instance the distance-map to several different mix-maps (for example diffuse and bump).

There's one thing to be aware of: if you're using the "inside" color, Corona will often make some undesired lines. I think it's a known bug, but can't say for sure.

Hope it helps

Edit: forgot to say, that you should hide the lines when rendering (especially when they are extruded)
« Last Edit: 2018-08-14, 19:05:33 by PROH »

2018-08-14, 18:59:20
Reply #4

iancamarillo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
this is a fast way to apply stripes to uneven ground. occasionally, I need to subdivide the ground or the paint stripe objects though