Author Topic: Selective Distributed Rendering  (Read 1655 times)

2018-04-27, 02:10:47

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys

With vray, there is the option to selectively choose your render slaves, whether it be part or all of them (including and excluding your local master machine).  This was a super handy feature as it allowed me to continue working on the my master machine while the slaves are working away rendering another scene.  This was an invaluable feature i would love to see in Corona.  What do you say eh?
« Last Edit: 2018-04-27, 04:33:24 by shortcirkuit »

2018-04-27, 23:17:45
Reply #1

bluebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Imo valid request.

For now you can limit number of CPU threads used by current instance of Max in renderer system settings effectively eliminating it from contributing to rendering, and in the meantime work in another max instance.

2018-04-28, 05:03:53
Reply #2

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thats a quiet handy solution i didnt think of.   I will give it a go and see how it works out for me.  Nonetheless it would be a super awesome feature to have developed

Thanks mate.

Imo valid request.

For now you can limit number of CPU threads used by current instance of Max in renderer system settings effectively eliminating it from contributing to rendering, and in the meantime work in another max instance.

2018-05-24, 14:29:18
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
You can use Backburner to send a job to one node and have it render on the network using other nodes. There are threads about this on the forum (let me know if you have trouble finding them).
More advanced features like the possibility to manually assign specific jobs to specific nodes, and to remove nodes from DR are planned for the future.
Right now I would recommend using either BB or some other render manager (like Deadline).
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us