Author Topic: VR and 3D People and other Questions  (Read 1868 times)

2018-04-14, 19:01:22

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
Hi

VR Questions......

1. I am doing some VR's for a client of a space just finished.
   I notice there aren't any images with people in the VR's  any reason why?

2. Has there been any improvement to the VR Image set up in Corona in the last while.
    VR Still Images and hotspots seem to be the cheap way to keep clients happy.

3. What are people using to present their VR?
    A lot of Clients have iPhones, so the Gear VR is not a work around.

4. Also I use the Viewer, at €59 a month it's adding up, so what other services are out there doing the same thing for less?

5. Rendered Resolution 6144 x 6144 is that good enough?

Thank you
Dell Precision T7910

2018-04-16, 11:08:53
Reply #1

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
Hi

VR Questions......

1. I am doing some VR's for a client of a space just finished.
   I notice there aren't any images with people in the VR's  any reason why?

2. Has there been any improvement to the VR Image set up in Corona in the last while.
    VR Still Images and hotspots seem to be the cheap way to keep clients happy.

3. What are people using to present their VR?
    A lot of Clients have iPhones, so the Gear VR is not a work around.

4. Also I use the Viewer, at €59 a month it's adding up, so what other services are out there doing the same thing for less?

5. Rendered Resolution 6144 x 6144 is that good enough?

Thank you

1. There were some amazing spherical images on forum, with people in it, but from what autor said it took a lot of effort to make a proper photo. It was quite a read.
Most of the people in viz are added in post, and people today arent really keen on doing that with fish lense. The 3D models of people that look decent are quite expensive tool and you can literaly use them in 3-4 projects, after that you cant put that image in your folio, because "its the same".

2. No major changes in both corona, or on VR stage.

3. Usualy I use whatever app is awalable, google photos is quite ok. At this moment the Corona App isnt really my first choice.

4. Tons of free aps.

5. Not really im not sure if there is any point in rendering more than 4k, if you are going to use phone screen anyway. I might be wrong.

Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2018-04-16, 14:02:59
Reply #2

mase

• Active Users
    • View Profile
5. Render resolution for panoramic images should always be 2:1 ratio, e.g 4000x2000px. Unless of course you were not talking about panoramic images. I've done quite a few pano tours and can tell you that usually 8000x4000px is an optimal resolution for all screens. Bigger resolutions tend to load very slowly and not that many people zoom into panoramic images, usually everyone just like to see it all so 8k x 4k is good enough.

2018-04-16, 15:00:47
Reply #3

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
Thank you both very much for taking the time to answer the questions.

In relation to the resolution, I render them out so they can be viewed as straight panos on a desk top, or with the head set, so a square is usually the best way to go, hence the 4096 x 4096 res.

I have a squarespace website, and will try and load a secure area on that soon, and see if clients can login with their own password and view their panos.

Has anybody done this, or is it possible?

By the way how do you charge for these?

Dell Precision T7910