Author Topic: Animation flickering with HD cache  (Read 30084 times)

2013-11-16, 21:40:58
Reply #15

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I believe that directional sensivity of HDcache is what could improve reflection sampling precision of HDcache. But if you have both directional and positional sensitivities of HDcache very high, then precalc. time can grow radically. You should be able to compensate for that on different places, perhaps reducing precomp density and/or HDcache PT samples ;)

2013-11-16, 22:23:54
Reply #16

fobus

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Positional sensivity rised to 100 was really right solution in my situation. So why we need to rise directional sensivity too?

2013-11-16, 23:10:32
Reply #17

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Positional sensivity rised to 100 was really right solution in my situation. So why we need to rise directional sensivity too?

In case you would have reflective surfaces, HDcache set up to take care of glossy reflections (reflection threshold at default) , and you had some flickering that positional sensitivity would not resolve.

2013-11-17, 01:27:49
Reply #18

rafpug

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello fobus

The council has suggested Rawalanche is correct.

You need to check the values ​​of Level and glossiness both for reflection and for the refraction (1 to 0.89/0.98)

HD Chace
Position sensitivity 100 does not help anything!
Max Record 99999 - vanishes (default is ok or values ​​between 300 and 2500 - always depends on the circumstances )

A touch of Ray Tracing 28/32

I took an example from your slot material "Corona Glass win"
the yellow arrow indicates that the material you produce more or less noise (from personal experience)

Waiting for your comparison to check for changes.

Professional model, perfect in construction

Regards
Raf

2013-11-17, 06:52:34
Reply #19

fobus

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In case you would have reflective surfaces, HDcache set up to take care of glossy reflections (reflection threshold at default) , and you had some flickering that positional sensitivity would not resolve.

Unfortunately I can't really understood what this settings do (Positional/directional sensivity). In online interactive help they described as is. But as I've tested Positional sensivity set to 100 resovled flickering in this case. May be some flickering was left, but I can't see it in animation so I think it's no matter.

You need to check the values ​​of Level and glossiness both for reflection and for the refraction (1 to 0.89/0.98)

HD Chace
Position sensitivity 100 does not help anything!
Max Record 99999 - vanishes (default is ok or values ​​between 300 and 2500 - always depends on the circumstances )

A touch of Ray Tracing 28/32

I took an example from your slot material "Corona Glass win"
the yellow arrow indicates that the material you produce more or less noise (from personal experience)

Sorry, but I didn't undersrtood what do You mean A touch of Ray Tracing 28/32 .

Glossiness from 1 to 0.89/0.98 is a good idea and I'll try to check this in near future.
Position sensivity 100 is not Holy Grail of course, but it really helps me to produce flicker free render with lower rendertimes in this case.
Max Record 9999 is recommended setting by online documentation. Why and what this means - I don't know :(

Final animation is rendering and after some post I'll share it in gallery. I've chacked it in progress and it seems that the flickering is gone.

2013-11-17, 09:41:30
Reply #20

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Online documentation is outdated in case of HDcache, sorry about that...  100k for the max. records is recommended value now ;)

2013-11-17, 09:51:43
Reply #21

fobus

• Active Users
    • View Profile
100k for the max. records is recommended value now ;)

And what problems may it brings if I set it to 9999?

2013-11-17, 10:55:44
Reply #22

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Unnecessarily long precalc time as well as RAM consumption.

2013-11-17, 12:24:40
Reply #23

rafpug

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good morning

ray tracing ( reference image )

comparation " only HD cache " version original with modification HD cache - reduction noise

2013-11-17, 12:38:41
Reply #24

rafpug

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello fobus

I acted only on HD Cache
Should arrange the materials in the reflection (glossiness)

Regards
Raf

2013-11-17, 15:06:20
Reply #25

fobus

• Active Users
    • View Profile
ray tracing ( reference image )
comparation " only HD cache " version original with modification HD cache - reduction noise

I acted only on HD Cache
Should arrange the materials in the reflection (glossiness)

Sorry, but I didn't clearly understood what do You changed in HD cache. And I can be wrong but I see a bit of flickering in animation.

2013-11-17, 17:11:45
Reply #26

rafpug

• Active Users
    • View Profile

[/quote]
Sorry, but I didn't clearly understood what do You changed in HD cache. And I can be wrong but I see a bit of flickering in animation.
[/quote]

Hello fobus

I hope to make myself understood!

I changed one of many values ​​of HD Cache "only HD cache", including the position sensitivity from 100 to 15
a demonstration of what is written above in the previous post, that the value 100 does not help!

This test resulted in a reduction of the noise that generates flicker in the animation  "Reduction" (see the file .gif)

1- on the materials I have not changed anything, but you should change the value of glossiness (see previous post) .. in the scene

2 - I wait for your change to reflect and come to a conclusion, because it is a subject that interests me

Thanks
Raf

2013-11-17, 20:03:28
Reply #27

fobus

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I changed one of many values ​​of HD Cache "only HD cache", including the position sensitivity from 100 to 15
a demonstration of what is written above in the previous post, that the value 100 does not help!

This test resulted in a reduction of the noise that generates flicker in the animation  "Reduction" (see the file .gif)

As I see in Your Future-INT-CAM_.mov the flickering is presented. And if You really did not changed anything but  "the position sensitivity from 100 to 15" than it is another confirmation of usefulness of this setting. Tomorrow morning I'll try to test this settings in this test scene to show it again. But I have an animation rendered with final quality and it has no flickering with help of position sensivity set to 100 instead of 20 defaults.

2013-11-17, 20:12:57
Reply #28

rafpug

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Perfect fobus

so check it and try to understand better!

2013-11-18, 00:59:25
Reply #29

poko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Some tests with your scene.
Best.