Author Topic: Cylindrical CoronaLight won't render using Backburner...  (Read 2365 times)

2018-02-09, 10:54:46

Naxos

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello there,
I found a strange one :
- the scene is rendering ok locally ;
- when sent to backburner, the rendernodes gives a "-2" laconic error with 3dsmax shuting down itself ;
- when i set the light back to rectangular, it works...

3dsmax 2018, Corona 1.7.2

Any idea ?

2018-02-09, 11:02:35
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Thanks for the report, we will try to reproduce this.
Are you sure that you have exactly the same version of Corona on both machines?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-02-09, 11:10:38
Reply #2

Naxos

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the report, we will try to reproduce this.
Are you sure that you have exactly the same version of Corona on both machines?
Yes i do.

2018-02-09, 15:31:44
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Just did a test - a plane, box, and a CoronaLight set to cylinder, rendered a still image on Backburner (to only one node, not splitting the image between nodes), and all worked as expected. Do you have the scene to share? And were you splitting the image, or rendering an animation sequence? That way, we can know if we are testing the same situation :)

(I should say I used 1.7.3 for this test, will try rolling back later, but want to be sure I am testing the same scenario first)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2018-02-09, 15:51:15
Reply #4

Naxos

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Scene sent on your email adress...

Did not tested 1.7.3 yet, still 1.7.2.

regards

2018-02-09, 15:57:07
Reply #5

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Got it, ty! 1.7.3 should make no difference, but I'll be sure to test with 1.7.2 just to make sure I am comparing apples to apples :)

2018-02-09, 16:14:23
Reply #6

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Interestingly, I can't open that scene without getting a crash - Max 2018, Corona 1.7.2. I also tried merging objects into a new scene, and crashed, and went through 1 by 1 and found that CoronaLight002Cuvette is causing the crash. Could you try deleting and recreating the light, in case something has become corrupted somewhere? Let me know if that resolves the Backburner issue, and you can send me the scene again and I can see if it loads without crashing.

Let me know if there is anything different about the light (created in an older version of Corona, or anything different about it at all), and I'll make the crashing version of the scene available to the developers too.

2018-02-09, 16:22:44
Reply #7

Naxos

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'll send a new one.
Earlier in the production (yesterday) i had a crash, then i was not able to open the file again, i had to go for the Autoback 15minutes before, and i tried to add the light again...

So it is a light from 1.7.2, first created in sphere by default, then changed to cylinder... Because of the crash in BBurner, i turned the light into rectangular.

the Coronalightxxxcuvette is the light we are talking about...

so i'll send the scene without it, then a scene with only it.

2018-02-09, 17:52:12
Reply #8

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Yep, I can load the scene without the light, and the scene with just the light causes a crash. I wonder if the light became corrupted during the 3ds Max crash  - what happens if you delete just that light and recreate it, does the scene then render as expected locally and over Backburner?

I added a new cylindrical Corona Light to the scene you sent with the old one removed, but of course I have no idea what the old light looked like :) But with a random position, I animated its intensity over frames 920 to 930, and rendered those 10 frames without problems locally and on Backburner.